Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

1,463
Colour: Silver|Style Name: Coffee Machine|Change

on 3 March 2017
There are a lot of instructions with the machine in small print, but when you have learned that the machine has a cleaning cycle, before and after making the coffee and that the first 5 cups are not representative of how good the coffee will subsequently be, then you are in for a real treat. Oh and I read that another no-no is that you must not use caramelised/ coated coffee beans, as they stick to the machine apparently and make it un-usable.

This is the third coffee machine we've had over many years and although the most expensive, biggest and heaviest, it has so far surpassed the others in making excellent coffee. make sure you have enough space for it on your counter top!
I also love that it has no plastic pods for landfill and one of the main reasons for choosing a bean to cup machine; the other being you can choose the coffee you like rather than the company branded coffee of the machine.
on 18 January 2017
We bought this nearly three years ago and cannot fault it. We make two cups of espresso three times a day with Rio Espresso Oro beans (currently £7.16 per Kg) and it makes us smile every time we drink it. A bean to cup machine at home is a luxury, yes, but a joyful one!
on 22 April 2017
The first machine i purchased seemed to have the coffee grinder jammed - so it was returned - anyone can have an occasionally faulty item. New replacement machine arrived 3 days later and this time the 2 coffee indicators kept flashing and never went continuous and so the water was not heating up, Also the hot plate for cups remains cold. I will have to return this unit also and then give up on de Longhi. Previously I have had an old fashioned ground coffee de longhi espresso which is OK and a fully automatic Jura bean to cup but this proved too expensive to get serviced - they wanted about £400 to service and fix the Jura machine. I had hope the De Longhi was more economic to buy and run. They do not have quality control sorted out. The design looks look - looking at the interior it is relatively simple and well made product but 2" dead on arrival" machines is unacceptable.

I spoke again to the manufacturer's customer support and the guy was very helpful - he commented that even though it is not mentioned in their instructions there can be a problem "priming" the boiler. To fix this you run the frother discharge for up to half a tank of water and suddenly the boiler gets filled with water and the machine starts to warm up and the lights stop flashing. This fixed the problem on the 2nd machine and it has been working perfectly ever since. This problem is not identified in their web site Frequent Questions or in any instructions that I could find.
on 28 April 2017
This machine changed my life and increased my coffee consumption. I can now have a cup of freshly ground coffee whenever I get up and even when my favourite coffee house is closed. I now have several cups a day (how many would be telling), as well as a cup at the local coffee house once a day. I like latte's but heat the milk in the microwave as life is too short to use the steamer. (Even if you like latte's you are better off avoiding the machines with milk attachments, as they jam up so often). I don't want to be a barista, but simply to have good coffee whenever I want. When I travel I can buy whole beans and then enjoy the coffee on my return.
on 16 March 2017
Its a clever machine that can be programmed to give the exact strength and quantity that you want each time, it makes a nice cup of coffee. The one thing I find a nuisance is that the spouts are too close to the body of the machine which means that when using two cups above a certain diameter the coffee will run down the outside and they don't have to be very big cups either. I have to use 8cm cups and then transfer the coffee to my 10cm cappuccino cups. Room to spare with my old machine
on 4 March 2017
I love this machine so much, I bought two of them! I first bought one for our guests in the chalet we rent out, and we hated giving the coffee machine up so much, we bought one for ourselves too. Makes a great cup of coffee. Can be a bit noisy, the cleaning cycle can be a bit surprising, but the lovely flavour from freshly ground coffee grains is a real winner.
on 12 April 2017
Oh dear. This machine worked a treat out of the box, producing fantastic quality coffee from a broad range of coffee beans. Best espresso I have tasted outside Italy. Then we come across our old friend De'Longhi build quality - the infuser jammed after only 4 months of use and I've had to request a refund under the warranty. Do some googling and you'll see how many people have similar issues - there are even youtube videos explaining how to fix common faults, they occur that often.
on 27 March 2017
Grinder stopped working after 4 months!! Drip tray very difficult to clean and water tank fiddly to refill. Makes good coffee but for the price I would expect a better made machine.
on 29 March 2017
Really well pleased with the machine easy to brew coffee and froth up the milk so every thing else will be to how long it last I am hoping a long time as I am pleased with the machine and taste off coffee and de scaling of machine is a cinch
on 8 May 2011
I can find no fault with this machine whatsoever !!!!!!

It makes perfect espresso every time as good as you would get in any coffee bar. My wife was sceptical at first and was dead against me spending so much money on a coffee machine but after a little practice i presented her with a perfect Latte (her own words)

i am currently using Lavazza espresso beans bought from Tesco which i am very happy with although i will experiment with other brands

I find setting size to smallest and strength to highest gives best results, my favourite is a double shot in a small cup with a splash of extra hot water makes a perfect Strong Americano !!

Big Tip ! Pre Heat your cups with boiling water i cant stress how important this is, You will have no complaints of coffee not being hot enough if you do this!!

My only complaint is i cant have a coffee before leaving for work in the morning as it wakes my daughter up !! Noisy but no more than any other `bean to cup` machine i guess.

Lastly i now drink way too much coffee now !!!!!!

Buy this machine now, you wont regret it !!

UPDATE !!!!!
ITS 2015 MY MACHINE IS STILL GOING STRONG !!!!!

UPDATE 2017
6 years I've had this Machine, I've used it regularly average 3 times a day and still going strong. I have had no problems at all. What better recommendation do you need ??