on 30 January 2009
This is a very good value coffee machine. The water opening is a bit of a strange shape, and the scales do indeed not match on the jug and machine. But then again, how many markings on any coffee machine actually correspond to the exact sized mug of coffee you want anyway? I just put the right amount of mug-fulls of water into the jug, and then fill the machine from that - right amount of coffee and no spillage!

I also didn't notice any plastic smell once I'd flushed it through for the first time.

The jug-warmer and reusable filter are also definite bonuses, which you don't see on many other machines of this price.
11 Comment| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 August 2017
Let me start by saying that I have owned this coffee machine for nearly four years and have been extremely impressed.

BUILD QUALITY/RELIABILITY
Its simple design means that there isn't that much to go wrong; the only issue I have had in the past 3/4 years was when I dropped the jug and had to buy a replacement. The 'permanent' filter has also started to wear away now but this is understandable, I can just use disposable filter papers instead. It does look/feel fairly cheap with its plastic body but what can you honestly expect for this price.

FEATURES
It is very simple to use and relatively quick, just a few minutes depending on how much your are brewing. The hot plate is fantastic and keeps it just about the perfect temperature so you won't need to throw away cold coffee. In terms of the coffee itself, if you want filter coffee then this will deliver, tastes as it should.

VALUE
This is what set this machine apart for me really. I paid £12.99 in 2013 and it has reliably been making me coffee since. That's the same price as some people spend every week at the local cafe. I had to buy a replacement jug when I dropped it, and this cost me £10.29, which is almost as much as the original machine!

IN SUMMARY
This machine is fantastic value for money and does the job. In my experience, it is reliable and easy to use, definitely recommended.
I paid £13.99 for this machine and my view was I would be happy if it lasted me a year at that price. It will be a year old in just under 2 weeks and has been fine. It is used at least once a day and makes nice filter coffee.
It does what I wanted it for, can't say fairer than that.
It has only one slight niggle which is that the carafe and the machine read different water levels, the jug will be filled to six cups, but the machine will read as six and a half, nothing major and you soon get used to it.
No plastic smell or taste for me.
No funny burning smells.
No leaks.
Happy.
on 2 November 2011
1st i was tracking the package and suddenly i found that they put i refused to take 2 so it was delivered back to the sellar , i contacted amazon and they resoponded immediatly and re-sent anothe packaging and acctually the sellar refund the money to my account , they were so friendly and helpful :)

i got it on time after re-ordering it , working well , the only problem is the water level , we always put the water to 4 cups but after working half of the water disapear and we only get about 2-3 cups i don't know way , so we have to put about 6 cu[s so we can have 4 cups at the end maybe the me measurment on the machine and the glass is not accurate
on 3 August 2013
This is my second purchase of the same coffee maker (the hotplate failed on the last one, but only after several years' use). Have tried more expensive machines but coffee didn't taste as good as this one makes. Slight plastic taste went away within a few days. Love the built in filter and there is even a measure. I use two flat measures per mug for a strong taste. Only small downside is that it requires a bit of a knack to pour water in without spilling - but not a problem worth removing a star! Highly recommended.
on 14 July 2017
Thanks
on 18 June 2014
Pleased with it well designed except, I was used to the red light going on and off to advise when ready, occasionally you hear it cut in or out. I put hot water from the kettle in so I allow about five minutes.
on 14 August 2015
Simple to use and easy to clean. Coffee always tastes great and this out performs more expensive and more complex models.
on 18 December 2014
makes great lavazza .. what more can I say!
on 28 April 2014
Very straight forward easy to use and clean and although it's plastic, it looks pretty good too - we are just about to buy a second for our office. Really pleased and would recommend.