- Visit the De'Longhi store for a great range of coffee machines, kettles, toasters, heaters and more.
De'Longhi HVF-3533B, Vertical Upright Fan Heater Quiet with Oscillating Base - 3 Kilowatt
- Upright fan heater with 3Kw heat output and 3 heat settings
- Adjustable room thermostat to set and automatically maintain the desired temperature
- Silence system: 38dB noise level on minimum power and 43dB on maximum power
- Foot switch on base to turn on/off the oscillating mode
- Ideal for bathroom use with IP21 Drip protection
- 1 year guarantee
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
The HVF3553B Upright Fan Heater from De'Longhi is a vertical fan heater with a rectangular design in white and grey. It offers a 3 kW heat output and a choice of three heat settings.
The adjustable thermostat automatically maintains your desired termperature, while the anti-frost function avoids the temperature falling below 5°C. There is also the option to switch to cool air, making the HVF3553B a great choice for summer ventilation.
The De'Longhi HVF3033MD has a built-in silence system which reduces noise levels (38/43dB), making the appliance perfect to use anywhere, anytime. It comes complete with a foot switch on the base to turn on/off the oscillating mode, making the distribution of heat or ventillation absolutely effortless. This appliance is also ideal for wet-room use as it guarantees a high safety level with it's IP21 drip protection.
The safety system with tip-over switch ensures automatic cut-off if the fan is accidentally knocked over and the built-in overheating safety protection offers further reassurance and comfort. This unit comes with an integrated handle for easy transportation, cord storage, fitted plug and a 12-month manufacturer's guarantee.
Top customer reviews
The heat setting (on low) is also not very warm at all and if you ramp up the fan (to try to blow out more hot air), the noise only gets worse.
If you want a fan heater to warm a very small (unoccupied) room, then maybe the noise won't be a problem for you...but if you want a truly QUIET fan heater – perhaps for under your desk – avoid this like the plague!
I'm really angry about this one, because 'someone' at De'longhi' has deliberately gone out to mislead customers, by naming this machine 'quiet'.... it's not quiet, it's noisy, end off!
Tip: if you truly want a silent heater, I would now suggest looking at any heater, WITHOUT a fan... I believe there are some heaters that use light or infrared to heat the air, which I now wish I had bought myself.
The machine professes to be quiet, but at night it will disturb you and keep you awake.
For some reason DeLonghi have made the most stupidest carrying handle at the back so if you need to move it you need to use two hands. If you don't use two hands it will eventually slip and when it does it will land on its base. The base will then break and you'll have two sections of a heater joined by wires. I'm sure that's been done deliberately.
Anyway, as with any machine over 2 kilowatts in power (and this one is 3 kW) the plug will get so hot that it WILL fuse itself and burn your plastic wall socket after a few hours of constant use. If you use an extension lead, even faster so be careful. How it passed the British standards Kite-mark is beyond comprehension.
If you plan to use the heater with no more than the 2kW function and leave it stationary then that's fine, but for a portable machine it only deserves a review score maximum of 2.
This machine lasted 3 months in winter 2013/14 before both of the above incidents happened. I think I'll look for something else for 2014/15 and avoid buying another DeLonghi machine.
It works as an oscillating heater, with three heat settings, it also works as cool air fan and the range that it oscilates is great, with a large foot switch to turn it on and off. The thermostat can be set to obtain the desired temperature, and it works well, coming on and off as the temperature drops or raises. The saftey cut out works too, and if the fan is knocked over it stops working, which again is an ideal safety feature. It says that it is a quiet heater, and lots of people are marking it down for the noise, lets face it, its a fan and its not going to be silent, but it really isn't too bad. The noise of the fan didn't keep us awake at night even when it was turning on and off on the thermostat. All in all, I would say it is ideal and I am glad I bought this one.
This is one of their top range heaters, there is another a bit more expensive that also has a rather ugly timer function but otherwise is the same.
Stand out points/issues
- It has a 3kW output option where most heaters only go up to 2kW. I rarely use the 3kW option except during the freezing winter. Cool fan option, thermostat are all standard.
- There is a convenient handle for moving it and the base is very stable.
- It is indeed quieter than most other heaters, including other De'Longhi heaters, but it quickly becomes louder and after regular (i.e. daily use of upward of 2 hours) can develop a rattling sound which is unfortunately common with many De'Longhi heaters.
- The oscillating option is wonderful when it works. After a couple of months mine started catching on itself and stuttering making a horrible grinding sound. This has happened on all of my other De'Longhi oscillating fans (this is the 4th of this type I've had although this has been the first of this exact model I've bought). This issue is purely down to De'Longhi skimping on better quality moving parts, e.g. bearings, long last lubrication, and not building them for regular use. This is extremely irritating.
Despite the issue with the noise (which you can get used to) and the quickly deteriorating oscillation function the heater itself still works fine.
In summary you are better off buying a simpler, cheaper heater that doesn't charge you more for capabilities it doesn't possess. If an oscillating fan is a must I strongly suggest trying a different brand.
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category