Customer reviews

Dazzle Video Creator Platinum HD (PC)
Price:£78.95+ £4.18 shipping

on 11 April 2013
As it brought back memories Ive given this 4 stars but in reality you need to be fairly switched on with using computers. The instructions for its use are NOT great and had it not been for many hours browsing the internet looking for advice (youtube had the best source of guidance) then my rather expensive device would have been money poorly spent.
on 8 June 2016
Does It Work Like It Should? Yes

Do I Like It? No

My Thoughts: Better than an EasyCap but no where near an Elgato.

Any Questions Feel Free To Ask Me :)
on 14 December 2011
I purchased this product not just for my own personal use in video grabbing and editing but in my line of work, I must work with quite a bit of CCTV footage, often having to grab it in realtime from the device. This product works perfectly for that. I also have to analyse and edit multiple cctv sequences into single pieces of work and the bundles Studio software also does a fantastic job of this. The tutorials that are included are very intuitive and quick and you are up and running in minutes.
As for regular use, I wouldn't consider myself a video-phile or anything like that but I find myself creating more and more professional looking outcomes the more I use it and with the right amount of attention it would appear that a total novice can create very impressive videos from this. Would definitely recommend
on 31 July 2013
Ive been wondering how id be able to convert my video tapes to dvd and a friend mention this product,it came fast in the post and well packaged,it was fairly simple to set up from disc provided ,i was lucky that had cables from video camera to plug in as they dont come with the dazzle,the instructions could explain alittle more but i went on youtube as thought i may need to get cable to plug into the dazzle as my plugs only had yellow and black and the dazzle has white,but once set up i was extremely happy that i bought this product and now can keep my footage on laptop and dvd.
on 24 January 2012
OK. I've had this product since christmas and it is a good product.
I am a youtuber so am speaking in the sense of recording ganeplays from the xbox.
It is a good product if u have the patience.

I'll talk u through my process of recording FPS gameplay.
1.Insert dazzle having downloaded the dazzle and pinnacle studios HD, open pinnacle and switch your xbox on.
2.Click import, and a preview screen will appear, likely saying "no signal" even though its on dazzle
3.(the bit most people don't know) On the xbox, go to system settings, display settings, PAL, and change to PAL 50. This can't play FPS's though.
4.ON pinnacle, On the right of the import screen click dazzle, on the bottom of the window that pops up, click from PAL to NTSC
5.Start capturing while on PAL 50, then on xbox switch to PAL 60, it will stay on the preview screen but in black and white
6.At this point u need AMCAP, open it, ignore the pop up message and go to options on the top bar, Capture filter, SECAM B/C.
7.Look at pinnacle, it should in colour. Do what u want to record on the xbox. Once u finish unfortunately, u have to restart form step three =(

The product is good and the routine does become easier when your use to it.
However here are some things u need to know:
1.u need the xbox AV cable with component cables combined. If u only have a normal AV cable, it is better to get 3 AV splitters, it will let u hear from the TV too then. It will not work without one of these.
2.If you are youtubing, most channels or directors refuse gameplay not in hd, i know. This product is deceptive as it's labelled HD, When you read the small print from the box, HD if recorded from a HD camara ONLY! If you want xbox gameplay, it is in SD (Standard Def.

Hope this helps. =)
22 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 December 2011
As a first review on this, I feel privileged. So it does all it says it will do, so a great product. I've not had any freezing problem that were reported on the Dazzle Video Creator standard product. It does record in SD not HD quality from composite video source and the stream can be viewed from the software or VLC which is great for watching TV/Videos on your computer. The HD quality as advertised seems to be within the Video creator software only so you'll need your own HD videos to produce a HD movie. Its a shame there is no HDMI input option for this product, it would be great to record your own videos in HD.
The software package you get does everything I needed, crop video, transitions, export videos and makes DVDs and renders in a reasonable time (my speed was about 15mins for a hour). The tutorial guides you through the functions of the software. You will need a video cable from your source e.g. a Scart or 3 RCA cable to a 3 RCA plugs to use this product.
I have a 64bit Win7 with 4gb RAM and needed plenty of the hard disk for the video files.
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2013
I have used Pinnacle products for many years now and have never been disappointed. The capture equipment and the editing software is top class as I would expect and I had no problems transferring videotape with lots of old family cine-film and photos to dvd.
on 12 June 2013
Worked straight out of the box, did all it was meant to do.
couldn't fault it, would recommend it to anyone
on 3 November 2013
Simple and easy to use it worked straight away as specified. Only gave 4 stars because you have to buy the software (Pinnacle Studio15) as part of the package. I already had Pinnacle Studio 16 so only needed the hardware and drivers.
on 13 February 2014
I think most people have video they want to transfer to PC / DVD or that SKY program they want to keep but not on the planner........
This is a very simple and straightforward method of doing it. Have used it with composite out on a Video player and old Sky HD box that has these outputs, very successfully.
Have used studio editing for years so for me its been quite easy.
Output quality is very good and appears to be very little loss of quality when transcoded and retains the aspect ratio.
Have tried other hardware that does this sort of operation, as you may see from my other reviews.
Feel free to endorse this if you find my review helpful and will attempt to answer any questions promptly !