Daylight LED dimmable desk Lamp Matt Black With USB Phone Charger 8 Watt Touch dimmer 3 year Guarantee
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This lamp is tried and tested, with sales of around 2000 units with almost no faults The lamp has 84 LED which provide an excellent spread of crisp light The Lamp head can be tilted to prevent the light from shining in your eyes. The LEDS do not flicker and the tough dimmer is very responsive, The lamp uses considerably less power than most other lamps 5 HOURS use will burn about 1p of electricity The base of the lamp has a touch dimmer and on off control. The LED lamp unit and Plug in power supply are both guaranteed for 3 years.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) Casts a clean bright light over my craft work for those long winter evenings. I can now detect the subtle difference between white and ivory.
2) The large base helps to keep the lamp stable.
3) The adjustable angle of the lamp head is very useful for when you need to get really close into detailed craft work.
4) The lamp head folds completely flat. This enables me to store the lamp at the side of my sofa by tucking the lamp base underneath, so the lamp is not left out, but remains handy. I like to work on my crafts in the evenings whilst half watching the TV.
1) The lead is quite short at just under 1.5 metres. I have to use an extension lead so the lamp can reach my coffee table.
2) Delivery was very slow. It took almost two weeks to arrive.
Everywhere I looked, prices were horrific, and when I found this, with some good reviews, I sent off for it, and it arrived safely within 72 hours of paying for it, which was impressive.
It's made of heavy duty very dark grey 'plastic that feels like something else more substantial', a dull matt slate grey finish that is quite pleasing. It comes disassembled to save on packaging space but it's very easy to slot together.
Looking at the photo of the light as I review it, the photo is a bit misleading, it looks a lot bigger than it is. The arm up from the base to the lamp is a foot in height, with the light fitting itself another 10 inches across. This holds the 84 LED's hidden behind an opaque white plastic lens. The upright tilts forward and back from straight up down to about 45 degrees. There is no height adjustment, just that upright.
The lamp housing is on a twist mechanism that enables you to vary your lighting to whichever angle suits you best, and I find that particularly helpful, especially if I'm using it over a laptop.
It's mains powered via a step down transformer that is in the plug, (a la mobile phone) which plugs into the base of the lamp. Another reviewer has commented on the size of the base, and it is quite substantial. It's about 1/2" thick, but houses the power unit and dimmer. It has three pressure buttons, Power on/off, Down and Up, where simple (but steady) pressure on the button lifts or lowers the level of lighting.Read more ›
I have got other LED lamps (21 leds etc) but they are not in the same league as this one. I have no hesitation in recommending this product
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good value lamp with useful options for reading in most circumstancesPublished 7 months ago by Carl
This is a vast improvement on my previous lamp, a MiniSun, which lasted less than two years before it stopped working and could not be repaired! Read morePublished 7 months ago by Nigel Donald