Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 24 July 2012
So I saw the trailer for this book on Youtube and was immediately excited about it. I am currently in the middle of reading about 10/11 books and didn't really want to start another, but when I began it, I couldn't really stop.

It is a book that keeps you guessing where the plot is heading. With most stories, you can almost map the plot from the first few chapters. All my thoughts of the authors intentions dissipated with chapter 4. And it all changed again later on.

The characters are interesting and fun to read. The B-Team have a real family feel to them and you know that they care and trust each other.

The only gripe I have with the book is the writing. Most of the time it's fine, but occasionally it's a little jarring. The first chapter has a conversation between three or four vampires with each one being referred to as first vampire, second vampire, etc. leaving it to feel like a movie script. Later on, during Lily's training, she is given a lecture. And it is a lecture. It feels like one, as if you're reading a 'how to' book on killing vampires rather than a novel about killing vampires.

So, all in all, a great book. One of the best I've read in a long time and one that has surprised me on more than one occasion. Read this if you want an unpredictable story and a return to dangerous, unsparkly vampires.
on 6 March 2014
Don't know what to say about this, other than I read a short story by the author in The Kiss (An Anthology of Love and Other Close Encounters) which made me want to read this one. I picked this one up for free and as soon as I finished it, I went back and purchased the rest of the series (currently there are a total of 4 books out).

The writing is excellent, the plot is outstanding and it's about vampires/werewolves and humans. It's awesome.

There's not much else to say, other than get these books, I promise you that you will not regret reading this series.
on 7 November 2013
Well, youv`e probably read most of the other reviews before you got to mine. There`s little i can add. if you cant see how much people enjoyed this book by now you might as well go and pick up a newspaper.
I wuld just like to say this author is not afraid to kill off main characters instead of propping up the storyline to keep popular characters going. Enjoy!
on 30 March 2015
This is an enjoyable read although at times it became a bit winded. I found I was reading it just to see what happens next even though I could guess! At one point near the end I thought yes this really is a great twist but it was not to be and unfortunately it fell back into formulaic Hollywood ending. Still okay though.
on 14 October 2013
I am not even going to tell you about the book all I am going to say is you MUST read this and the other two books. If you miss this trilogy then your missing some of the best fiction writing I have ever read and I have read a lot. Wish there was more but sometimes three books is just enough. Go on buy this and enjoy because if you like vampires werewolf's and a engaging story of life then I promise you that you will enjoy this series.
on 7 January 2014
Great book that got better and better with every turn of the page. The characters are given due life and sufficient background. My only criticism is that the original vampires background should have been explored. The author could have stamped his mark on the making of the vampire but decided against it. Nonetheless 5 stars are still well deserved and books 2 and 3 will be on my Kindle very soon. Well done Mr Hale.
on 28 May 2013
arguably not the best written - however, I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys end of the world/ vampires/ werewolf based action stories. I was engaged with the characters, so much so that I think I'll have to buy the others in the series!
on 25 May 2013
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE WRITTEN A REVIEW BUT IF THE REST OF THE SERIES ARE LIKE THIS THEN I THINK MR HALE WILL SOON WILL BECOME ONE OF MY FAVOURITE AUTHORS .THE STORY IN THE FIRST BOOK WAS A REAL PAGE TURNER THE ACTION WAS EXCITING AND I HAVE ALREADY DOWN LOADED THE REST OF THE SERIES
on 25 October 2014
Excellent first read of this type of genre,thoroughly enjoyable book,from start to finish,couldn't put it down,just got better page by page.thank you Mr Hale,am now converted,can't wait to get the series.
on 19 July 2013
Been a while since I read voraciously....(about 20 years - too many easily accessible TV/movie channels nowadays)....but I found this book 'un-put-downable' and I'm heading straight to the Kindle store to get the sequels.