Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£8.43|
Save £1.96 (23%)
3 Day Green Smoothie Detox: The Faster, Better, Stronger Weight Loss Plan (Green Smoothies) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enjoy unlimited access to over 1 million titles and thousands of audiobooks on any device for £7.99 a month, including this one. Learn more
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
That being said, there is a lot of sound advice in this book anyway, and if it persuades people to eat healthily and exercise a bit then I'm all for it. There is good information on how to make a smoothie, what fruits and veg to use and how best to combine them to get the taste you want.
One piece of advice that I didn't spot (though I skimmed some bits that were talking about detox, so perhaps it was mentioned there), is that over-consumption of certain types of greens can be a little unhealthy. It's best to vary them - baby spinach one day, then bok-choy the next for example, but there are enough ingredients out there for this not to be a problem.
Personally, I downloaded it (while it was free, I confess), to get the recipes that were included. I'm a long-time smoothie fan, but needed a bit of inspiration as I seemed to have got stuck in a rut. There are some good ones there that I'll be trying out.
Oh, and I have tried a detox diet before (not a smoothie one) in the spirit of scientific inquiry, and I can guarantee a couple of things:
1. You will feel very odd. This is not the toxins leaving your body, it's withdrawal symptoms from the things your body is addicted to - most likely sugar and caffeine. Best to be prepared for this though. The book does mention what symptoms you can expect.
2. You will lose weight. Again, this has nothing to do with any supposed detox effects. It's simply the fact that a detox diet requires you to cut out sugar, caffeine, unhealthy fats, usually dairy, meat. Of course you will lose weight like this!Read more ›
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
There are lots of recipes in this book and I was happy to see that they were all different from the recipes in her other book. No doubling up on stuff here! It is a great compliment to her other book so I am really glad I have both of them. I did try the detox and I lasted for 2 and a half days. I actually did feel really good and not sick like I felt doing other kinds of detox systems. I do recommend this book if you are looking for a healthier way of doing a detox. The recipes are quite good as well and I still make a couple of them on a daily basis.
me feel. This book gives some fantastic recipes and great information on taking smoothies a step further as a good way to detox. It also covers how food and health go hand in hand, and how you can enjoy great tasting shakes while improving your health.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Food & Drink > Diets & Healthy Eating > Weight Control
- Books > Food & Drink > Drinks & Beverages > Juices & Smoothies
- Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Antiques & Collectables by Subject
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Food & Drink > Drinks & Beverages > Wine Collecting
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health & Fitness > Diets & Weight Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables