on 8 August 2014
Well as a fan of David's books so far as my title suggests, that answers a lot of questions gives some of the characters more depth and helps in understanding what the world they are set in. I'm not keen to do this but it is meant as a compliment. With the twists an turns and the intrigues it is comparable to Game of Thrones. Brilliant read thank you both for this book, I look forward to the next instalment.
on 28 July 2014
While I have to say I enjoyed this book, I did feel it was more of an introduction to the next one. This book sets out the backgrounds, the lands, the people and their history for the second book in the series. I felt the second half was a more enjoyable read and it started to get me really interested. I loved, and have to admit was shocked by, the twist before the end I really did not see that coming so well done to the authors. As for me I'm all fired up & ready for book No. 2'
on 2 June 2014
Discuss the first book by either of these author that I've read and I can hardly wait fir the next. I gather that this is actually a prequel but it reads like the first of a very good series and I really hops that the earlier books meet my expectations

This is a real page turner, with excellent characters, more twists than a maze and plenty of swords and sorcery.

Highly recommended.
on 9 June 2014
Well written and detailed. Took a while to get used to all the characters but, this is a well thought out and engaging story and you definitely want to get to the end. I did not realise, when I bought this book, that it is, in effect, a prequel to other books by the same author. I will be reading more of his books.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 December 2014
I really liked the concept for this book and I got through the book okay (Gods walking the earth, mankind finding it's feet etc), however, a few books and weeks later I came back to this book and found I didn't want to buy/read anymore of the series as it didn't capture my imagination as much as other books have done.

Worth a punt though, if on sale, it might be for you.
on 16 July 2014
This book is the first in a series which looks set to confound and intrigue those who follow its path. I have yet to decide on he next course of action and after reading his book I re comes that you too contemplate the next step or steps to take as regards the future of your reading matter. May your insight be true.
on 19 July 2014
I enjoyed this book but it was a little too full of characters, which I realise often is the case when building a storyline in a series. I did enjoy the twist towards the end; definitely did not see it coming. I will buy the next book and see how it progresses. I would hav epreferred a little more 'magic'.
on 23 July 2016
A very good beginning to a new trilogy and a welcome return to the world of Dezrel. Allows you to see the perspective of both gods and the events surrounding the origin of their conflict. Highly recommended
on 5 December 2017
Excellent read
on 30 June 2014
Hmmm interesting series! Gods and men and portals and demons -- err love story's -- unhappy endings- unfinished endings-- ongoing!! ,