Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.49

on 23 June 2014
This is a brief introduction for the Eden series, as such it is interesting and well written. I will definitely read the next book. This story is set in a world where a virus is decimating the population and it follows two people who are struggling to survive. They have to run for their lives when the virus develops a sinister mutation.
on 3 July 2013
Left wanting - wanting more that is. This cannot be the end of this particular story.
Very enjoyable indeed highly rated.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2013
Enjoyable introduction to characters and events. It was a good foundation for the other books. I would recomend this highly
on 10 August 2014
2.5 STARS

After learning that this novella wouldn’t be directly about the main characters from the Blood of Eden series, my interest significantly dropped and I was unsure whether I even wanted to read it. Although it’s not completely separate (thank God) because it has the Archers, who if you’ve read the series will remember as the family Zeke and Allie stumble across while travelling.

Since it tells story of the Red Lung virus’s beginning it was obvious why Allison and Zeke don’t make appearances, but all is not lost because Kanin does actually pop in now and again, who I just so happened to love in the other books.

It was interesting seeing his involvement even for a second, just as it was interesting seeing the start of the rabid infestation. You understand other people’s involvement in it (not just Kanin’s) and while I think this was the main focus/point of the novella; Julie Kagawa also managed to include a full romance in this novella and the biggest accomplishment was that it didn’t really feel like insta-love.

The characters I’ll admit were a little naff, they had depth and lots of different battling emotions, and the chemistry between Kylie and Ben was undeniable in their desperation situation but as they were only just introduced there was not enough time to connect with them like there was with Allison and Zeke.

I think what it comes down to for me is that I don’t think this novella does the series justice, because while the series was a thrilling and engaging read it took me a lot longer to finish this one book and I didn’t enjoy it nearly as much.

Posted on: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk
on 13 November 2013
I really enjoyed this short story which I read after the Blood of Eden books one and two (I should have read it first). The story is similar to I am legend with a virus threatening all human kind but also an addition of traditional and mutant vampires for us to contend with as well. Julie Kagawa is one of new favourite authors
on 1 October 2013
Absolutely worth reading, can't wait for the forever song to be released. If you are into vampires this is definitely a book for you.
on 21 November 2013
This was a great book. Just the right amount of Love, Action, Blood, Virus, Zombies, Death, torn up bodies, and Ambushes. The only down point to this book is that I want more. Going into the next book it had new people in it. Don't get me wrong I Love all these books, but I just wanted to follow these guys a little more.
on 16 March 2015
Have greatly enjoyed this book and the series in general. Have loved the modern twist to the vampire storie and how they would react to their food sourse being threatened and how quickly they forget it considering there long lives. Will be watching this author in the future for further amazing stories.
on 13 September 2014
Really enjoyed the book, wished it had come out before the Eden trio, also may be could of done with being slightly longer or another book to carry on Kylie's & Ben's story for survival & where Kenan went after he got on the boat
on 20 September 2013
Great but ended to abrupt. Left too much open. Action and intense moment from the off. Just needed a bit more information at the end but kagawa is top notch writer. X
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse