on 4 July 2013
I bought this watch as a retirement present to myself because I liked the look of it although I was not familiar with the Davosa brand.

Having now worn if for a few days, I am completely satisfied with it. The colours are striking and the clarity of the face is excellent. When the sun shines on it - UK readers will have to take my word for this! - the face glows with a beautiful royal blue almost iridescent colour. The strap is thin and is long enough for my chunky wrist; the colour matches the face colour very nicely.
Considering the boring bits, the watch is of good weight, not too large diameter and of a very high standard of workmanship throughout. Being automatic, I wouldn't expect it to keep time as well as a quartz movement - I would estimate it has gained 20 seconds in a week which, to me, is plenty good enough.

I have a collection of 30+ modern watches - the beautiful blue Davosa ranks as one of the best, it's hard to take it off in favour of another from my collection.
on 27 May 2013
The Davosa Classic is made by Hasler & Cie in Switzerland, a company that have made quality watches for more than 130 years, and it shows! It has that feeling of quality in all departments, all metal, even the hands and digits, two toned casing of shiny and brushed steel and the gorgous royal blue dial. The movement is top notch too; ETA 2892.2. The strap is of thin, strong leather with a crocodile pattern, and it fitted perfectly on my thin wrist. Of the nineteen watches a own, this is my favourite, and with proper care i think it will last a lifetime, highly recommended!
August 26. - an update: after four months the Davosa is still functioning perfectly. In my original review i forgot to mention that it's very easy to read the time, even in bright sunshine and the hands are luminous enough for a glimpse in the dark albeit only for a few hours.