- Paperback: 356 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 1 edition (21 April 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0443068941
- ISBN-13: 978-0443068942
- Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 15.2 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
552,586 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #222 in Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Pathology
- #444 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Pathology
- #1402 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders
Davidson's Clinical Cases Paperback – 21 Apr 2008
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"An excellent addition to the library of any clinical student, this volume helps elucidate the steps necessary to arrive at a clinical diagnosis. The step wise approach to case development is particularly helpful, guiding the reader through the steps necessary for clinical diagnosis." "BMA Book Awards 2009 - judges comments"
Top Customer Reviews
Although clearly it can't cover everything, there is sufficient breadth in the book to take the reader through a 'tour of medicine' whilst at the same time helping them hone their diagnostic skills.
The cases are structured so that you read the presenting problem and then formulate a differenital diagnosis, you then get the results of the examination, before going on to look at further investigations, making the final diagnosis and then discussing treatment options. There are also numerous illustrations and photographs.
Overall, I think the book is great. For me, I think it will be of most use revising for finals as I think it's a great book to develop skills in making differential diagnoses as well as developing knowledge about patient management. A couple cases a day over a couple months would allow you to cover a lot, and they don't take too long either!
The approach of this book gets you used to following a clinical case through in a logical order, from presenting complaint to treatment. It is also a great help with pattern recognition for different diseases. At the end of each case, `global issues' briefly add further relevant information (pathology, pharmacology, epidemiology etc.) on the case covered, giving the case wider relevance. The cases are quite concise, each case being 3-4 pages on average. However, each has a good amount of detail.
I find it useful to read through cases in this book that are relevant to the specialty/system I am covering at the time. It gives you an idea of the sort of things you should be thinking about when you meet certain presenting complaints. It's also a great book to just enjoy reading through some of the interesting cases.
The book is very well designed, and a pleasure to read. And the images are all of a high quality and in full colour. It's quite a small book, so is handy for carrying around.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I recently realised that Davidson's is more than one textbook when I picked up Davidson's Clinical Cases, which I realise isn't a typical study of clinical cases. Read morePublished on 21 April 2011 by G. Collins
Davidson's Clinical Cases is fantastic because it has nearly 100 cases that teach you how to approach a variety of presentations, and are short enough for you to do during one of... Read morePublished on 27 Jan. 2011 by Vaibhav Gupta
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Pathology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Pathology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Pathology