- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
David Lloyd George: The Great Outsider Paperback – 1 Mar 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
* A brilliant biography of one of our greatest politicians, from the highly acclaimed Roy Hattersley, out now in paperback
About the Author
Roy Hattersley is a politician turned writer. He was elected to Parliament in 1964 and in 1983 he became deputy leader of the Labour Party. He has written columns for The Guardian, Punch and The Listener.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 38 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is very hard to form a balanced view of Lloyd George or work out how he fits in to modern political categories. Was he a radical, an imperialist, a Keynesian or just a shape shifting politician whose greatest love and principle was himself and his own advancement? Hattersley doesn't spare the details of his breathtaking treatment of his wife Margaret and his lifelong semi-permanent relationship with Frances Stevenson (who even cheated on him, which news was then broken to DLG by his wife and family..)
Overall highly recommended - and definitely a platform from which to read more.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?