on 19 April 2018
Well written manual but a little out of date being written in 1981.
Really good diagrams but the worst thing is all drawings are black and white and really confusing to decipher. Everything would be so much clearer in colour..
on 29 November 2017
A good and informative book on UK electrical house wiring.
on 24 October 2017
HELPFULL
on 2 November 2017
great book very descriptive and clear directions you can,t go wrong
on 30 December 2017
Excellent book well illustrated
on 18 May 2017
No colour pictures or diagrams which is really what I wanted when I bought it.
on 9 October 2014
my husband was thrilled
on 26 August 2003
This is my vote for the house electrics 'must-have' book. It is simple and clear for UK electrics, with excellent illustrations. I don't know if this is meant to be a DIY book or a professional 'quick-reminder' book, but I think it can be both. Whether you want to rewire a house or just change single plugs to doubles, change light switches, etc., this book will help. Useful items include things electricians take for granted such as what tools to use, how to lift floorboards without undue damage, etc. It also demystifies essentials like understanding the wiring in a ceiling rose or junction box, as well as common requirements such as how to wire extension lights or sockets. I have never regretted buying this book as it's so useful. All I can add is, I have always wished I could find a book as good as this to demystify plumbing!
31 people found this helpful