- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Aurum Press Ltd (20 Aug. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1845134613
- ISBN-13: 978-1845134617
- Product Dimensions: 16.2 x 2.9 x 23.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 856,350 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Dave Whelan: Playing to Win -The Autobiography Hardcover – 20 Aug 2009
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Stories of his life on the pitch and in the boardroom make for a consuming and heartfelt autobiography that leaves you feeling a little better about the world.'
-- Manchester Evening News
About the Author
Dave Whelan was the founder of retailer JJB Sports and is the owner of Wigan Athletic Football Club. He is the only man to have worked in all four divisions of English football as both a player and a chairman.
Top Customer Reviews
The second half is about how he formed JJB and how he spent millions on making the latics victorious.
He goes into every little detail, but is never boring.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good book for football fans and like me interested in how people make there money from small beginings and hard work.Published 23 months ago by Bookman
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Sport > Rugby
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Football
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Rugby (Union & League) > Union: History & Biography