- Prime Student members get an extra 10% off this product Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Dating For Dummies Paperback – 14 Jan 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Safely navigate social networking and online dating sites
- Avoid common dating missteps
- Get back into the dating scene after divorce
- Deal with differences in age
Trusted tips and guidance on meeting Mr. or Ms. Right
Are you looking for a fun Saturday night date or a happily–ever–after mate? Dating For Dummies demystifies the whole dating process, from getting a date, plotting the place, and having a great time (or dealing with duds) to moving beyond a first date toward a budding relationship. Plus, you′ll find all you need to navigate social media sites to socialize, flirt, and date in the 21st century.
- Look in the mirror understand the importance of getting to know (and love) yourself in order to become a better partner, and find out if you′re ready to date
- Search for Mr. or Ms. Right figure out what you want in a partner and discover the many places you can find him/her
- Get in the game get the confidence to ask for a date, deal with the potentially sticky situation of exchanging phone numbers, and gracefully bow out of a date if you′re not feeling the love
- It′s date day get pointers on everything from what to wear to the topics you should (and shouldn′t) talk about on a first date
- On the rebound! understand the importance of healing before jumping back into the dating scene, whether you′re divorced, widowed, or just getting out of a relationship
Open the book and find:
- Realistic dating advice for people in all types of situations and life–stages
- Great date ideas (and activities to avoid)
- What works (and what doesn′t) when asking for a date
- How to flirt, how to listen, and how to gauge how things are going
- What to look for in the place you pick for a date
- How to navigate through potentially awkward moments
About the Author
Dr. Joy Browne, PhD, is not only a dating guru, but also a licensed clinical psychologist who is the award–winning host of her own nationally and internationally syndicated radio talk show.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Before you read this book you first have to take the opposite sex off its pedestal, do not treat them as a delicate piece of art and instead view them as a farting, belching, hairy, smelly blob even if they look like either Sophia Loren or George Clooney. This book will not make you into the great lover or seducer but it will de -stress you as opposed to distress you. You will not vomit from fear into a girl's cleavage or walk into a closed door. Instead you will learn to behave like a rational human being and get your priorities right. For example I like sailing therefore I will not persevere with any girl who freezes solid stepping onto a small boat - I made that mistake twice. Learn with what you can live with even physical disfigurement because dating is about something entirely different from physical appreciation it is about attraction between two people.
Neither is this book a sex manual - instead it suggests when you should discuss sex and its technicalities. However it does not deconstruct making a pass.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews