Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£33.99|
Save £12.04 (35%)
The Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit 2nd , Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 672 pages||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled||Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
- Part of the Kimball's Data Warehouse Toolkit Classics: 3 Volume Set (3 Book Series)
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
This toolkit is comprehensive and quite simple to understand, though a prior practical exposure wouldn't hurt.
Of course, it does not meet all the practical realities of BI needs; at times delivery timeline pressures, lack of funds etc lead to an approach that is a mix of both worlds - Inmon and Kimball. However, given the right circumstances, for me, the latter stands out unquestionably.
This is a must read for anyone aspiring to work professionally in the business intelligence/data warehousing domain.
It is a complete blueprint of how to run a DW project that is actually going to deliver some business value at the end of it, and not just cost a lot of money and fail miserably - which unfortunately most still do these days.
Chapter 6 which describes Dimensional modelling is absolutely essential reading for anyone about to get their hands dirty building a DW.
I tend to make notes in my books, and when I look back on how much highlighting, underlining, scribbles and post-its I have all over Chapter 6 - I know that there is an absolute goldmine of valuable information condensed here. I only wish I'd had some glitter to hand too.
My advice, if you really want to understand the whole Kimball methodology - buy the book, read it cover to cover. Re-read chapter 6 maybe 3 or 4 times, then buy the confusingly similarly named "The Data Warehouse Toolkit". Read that cover to cover twice. Then go and lay down in a darkened room for a bit and don't read any more books with the words "Data Warehouse" or "Toolkit" in the title for at least a month.
This is a must read for anybody aspiring to DW/BI guru-dom.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Professional Development
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Data Storage & Management > Data Warehousing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Computer Science > Data Modeling & Design
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Computer Science > Systems Analysis & Design
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Databases > Data Warehousing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Networking > System Administration > Storage & Retrieval
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Programming