Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C: United States Edition Paperback – 9 Sept. 1996
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
In this second edition of his best-selling book, Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C, Mark Allen Weiss, continues to refine and enhance his innovative approach to algorithms and data structures. Using a C implementation, he highlights conceptual topics, focusing on ADTs and the analysis of algorithms for efficiency as well as performance and running time. Dr. Weiss also distinguishes Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C with the extensive use of figures and examples showing the successive stages of an algorithm, his engaging writing style, and a logical organization of topics.Features
- Includes a chapter on algorithm and design techniques that covers greedy algorithms, divide and conquer algorithms, dynamic programming, randomized algorithms, and backtracking
- Presents current topics and newer data structures such as Fibonacci heaps, skew heaps, binomial queues, skip lists, and splay trees
- Contains a chapter on amortized analysis that examines the advanced data structures presented earlier in the book
- Provides a new chapter on advanced data structures and their implementation covering red black trees, top down splay trees, treaps, k-d trees, pairing heaps, and more
- Incorporates new results on the average case analysis of heapsort
- Offers source code from example programs via anonymous FTP
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Luckily I got this book that gave a clean explanation of those asymptotic functions in an understandable way instead of simple definitions. Author explains these concepts in detail with a novice-friendly explanation.
Top international reviews
Data structures and Algorithm analysis is not an easy subject to master, you have to be prepared for work hard, and do lots of problems before you really appreciate the subject. There are lots of books out there, which try to dumb down the subject - I believe that is a false economy of effort. This author does not take that approach, he instead presents a treatment of Data structures and algorithm which sets you on the course to mastery.
I can't stress enough how much systematically working through the problems in this book, helped my in my day to day programming life.
when I realized that I absolutely must have a copy of my
own. The book contains all the information that I would
need for the annual ACM programming contest, and as an added
plus, its written with regards to my programming language
of choice, C.
A must have reference.