From the Back Cover
Your Complete Guide to Data Storage Networking
If you want to prepare for the CompTIA Storage+ Certification, or simply jumpstart your career in data storage networking, start with this definitive guide. Whether you’re just beginning or are already an experienced IT professional looking to sharpen your skills in data storage administration, this book explores real–world tasks and scenarios you’ll face on the job and shows you step by step how to handle them. This practical guide also focuses on designing and administering storage systems for today’s evolving organizations, enabling performance, recoverability, and simplicity.
- Learn how various drive technologies are pooled together and utilized in storage arrays, with extensive coverage of solid state technologies
- Get a comprehensive primer on data storage networking devices, with an emphasis on emerging technologies, including public, private, and hybrid clouds
- Explore storage virtualization strategies and storage efficiency technologies (thin provision, dedupe, compression)
- Cover big data, cloud storage, security, and scalability as well as how storage fits in to the wider technology environments prevalent in today’s cloud era
- Step–by–step guides to getting started with some of the most popular public cloud storage providers
- Prepare for the CompTIA Storage+ exam (SG0–001), with complete coverage of all the exam objectives
ACCESS practice exams and electronic flashcards from the DOWNLOADS area of the product page at www.sybex.com/go/datastoragenetworking
About the Author
Nigel Poulton (Cheshire, UK) is a well–known storage blogger and podcaster, known for his love of storage and deep technical knowledge. He has 15 years IT experience, the last 10 working on data storage. He is currently heading up storage solutions at a global financial services organization in London. His blog can be found at http://blog.nigelpoulton.com/ and www.technicaldeepdive.com. You can also follow him on Twitter @nigelpoulton.