- Save 20% on 32GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SD Card - When Bought With Any Nextbase Dash Cam when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by iZilla. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 20% on 32GB Sandisk/Nextbase Card + Carry Case - When Bought With Any Nextbase Dash Cam when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by iZilla. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 20% on Nextbase Carry Case Plus - When Bought With Any Nextbase Dash Cam when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by iZilla. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 20% on Nextbase Hardwire Kit - When Bought With Any Nextbase Dash Cam when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by iZilla. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Also check our best rated Dash Camera reviews
- Car & Motorbike Store for a wide selection of top products, including car parts, travel essentials, maintenance tools and much more.
In Car Dash Cam Camera DVR Dashboard Digital Driving Video Recorder 512G Anti-glare Polarising Full 1080P HD
|Price:||£119.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£60.04 (33%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Nextbase 512G has just been awarded a Which? Best Buy 2015. Scoring Best on test in the Dash Cam category. Bright, clear 2.7 inch 16:9 LED screen for easy playback and menu operation. Automatically record whilst driving - your own independent witness in FULL 1080p High Definition.
- Worlds first dash cam with anti-glare polarising filter to remove glare from your windscreen. Advanced Sony Exmor sensor for ultimate picture clarity - the 512G uses the very latest sensor on the market to ensure you capture the footage you need, day and night.
- 140 degree wide angle view with automatic 1080 High Definition recording at 30 frames per second. Six-Element Sharp Lenses made with 6 layers of glass to provide stunning clear images
- Built in GPS and G sensor record location and force data. Wide Dynamic Range image processing ensures clear recordings in bright and dark light with up to ISO 3200 at night.
- Parking mode detects motion and automatically records whilst your car is parked. Photo mode allows you to take still images for further evidence.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Style Name: 512
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
From the manufacturer
Nextbase 512G Ultra
The very latest high definition Dash Cam packed with market leading features
The multi award winning Nextbase 512G Ultra has been awarded Which? and Auto Express Best Buy – the first time a Dash Cam has held both of these prestigious awards. Its unique fitted polarising filter and advanced Sony sensor ensures that you get the best possible picture quality at all times.
- Full 1080p HD recording
- Anti-glare polarising filter
- GPS speed and location logging
- Wide Dynamic Range
- Night vision
- 140° viewing angle
- 2.7" LED screen
- PC and Mac compatible
- Auto crash file protection
- 4m cable and car mount included
GPS Speed and Location Logging
Ultra fast 10x GPS sensor accurately records location, speed data and tracks your journey on GoogleMaps, proving exactly where an accident occurred with full road names.
Wide Dynamic Range
Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) provides superior day and night-time footage by automatically adjusting brightness to ensure detail is captured in all lighting conditions.
Anti-glare Polarising Filter
The anti-glare polarising filter reduces windscreen glare which helps to record clearer images in direct sunlight.
Sony Exmor Sensor
The 512G utilises the very latest Sony Exmor sensor to record clearer, brighter, more colourful images at day or night.
|101 Go||212 Lite||312GW Deluxe||402G Pro||512G Ultra||Duo TwinCam|
|HD Resolution||720p HD||Full 1080p HD||Full 1080p HD||Full 1080p HD||Full 1080p HD||720p HD|
|LED Screen Size||2"||2.7"||2.7"||2.7"||2.7"||2"|
|Viewing Angle||120°||140°||140°||140°||140°||140° (forward camera)|
|Auto Crash File Protection||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Enhanced Night Vision||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Powered Magnetic Mount||✓||✓|
|Reflection Free Recording||✓|
|Wide Dynamic Range||✓||✓|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Fitting it into my BMW 3 series was a breeze, the wire is long, flexible and thin, allowing it to be routed along the headlining, a pillar and around the passenger footwell to the second cigarette lighter socket hidden under the glovebox (this was a surprise in itself).
This model is supplied with 2 windscreen mounts, the sucker type as provided in lesser models as well as a self adhesive one which appears to only be supplied with the top end of the range models. I opted for the self adhesive mount as it is less intrusive, having a smaller profile.
In order to comply with UK legislation, it has to be positioned in such a way as to not block the view of the road, and having it tucked behind the passenger side of the rear view mirror is the ideal position - this does mean as a driver you cannot see the screen but still reach the 'record now' button for those moment when you want to capture an event. The mounting interface is very neat, the camera magnetically attaches to the bracket and is held firmly. Removing it is a breeze so it can be stowed in the glovebox if necessary.
Functionally, it records constantly whilst it is on in 3 minute chunks. When the SD card is full, it overwrites the oldest non protected segment. If the camera detects a bump it will automatically record, and this can also be accomplished by pressing the 'record now' button.
Out of the box, it is configured at the 1440p, 30 frames a second. It is also configured to record current location, speed etc overlayed on the video. One minor annoyance is it is also configured to record the NextBase logo on the video at quite a large size, which adds no value but to advertise the brand on any video shared (but this can be disabled in the configuration).
It also saves metadata into the video stream itself which can be extracted using the excellent software which can be installed on a mac or PC. Playing back video from the camera on a computer using this software will show the location on google maps and display the forces recorded by the gyro (e.g. braking forces, acceleration, turning).
In terms of features, there are few things worth noting:
1. The buttons aren't physical buttons, but touch sensitive zones on the edges of the screen. This is a little frustrating, as it is hard to tell whether a touch has been registered when operating the camera. Not a problem when you are using it in your hand, but a reach to get the 'record now' button when you are driving is unnecessarily difficult.
2. On 'record now', if the screen is set to auto-dim (to avoid distracting the driver), actually locking the recent video with the 'record now' button takes 2 or 3 presses - one to wake up the screen and a further one to make it record. I have added an extra press as the touch interface isn't very precise.
3. The front of the camera is black and grey with white text, this means it is visible and somewhat obvious when seen from outside the car and may therefore become a theft risk. I would have preferred it to be more discrete, especially as it has a parking mode to record activity resulting from a knock on the car.
4. WiFi connectivity must be manually enabled on the camera and cannot be left on - I was hoping for it to be always active so I could view and download video whenever i wanted without fiddling with the controls.
5. 32 Gb maximum memory size is quite limiting - it can only record about 3 hours at the highest resolution, and if you have the parking mode activated (which triggers whenever a shock is detected), the card quickly fills up with non-events (such as the car door being opened). It is going to require regular maintenance to clear down these events.
6. I was also surprised to read in the manual that it is recommended to format the sd card every 2 weeks - this is clearly another maintenance task which I didn't want to have to do and hints at some issues with long term reliability in using the sd card.
Overall, pretty happy with it - would recommend despite the shortcomings.
Please remember that 32gb card really is the biggest. I had a 128 thinking it'd be ok and no, it's not.
I read a review saying that 32gb + would be ok after a firmware upgrade but it's not.
Worth it and a good purchase.
Most recent customer reviews