- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 3778 KB
- Print Length: 120 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: The Purple Book Co. (17 Jan. 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00FPLODG6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #184,745 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£4.99|
Save £3.84 (77%)
Das Death: Part 1 (Alternate History WW2 Thriller) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
1) The Germans won WW-II and rule much of the world. They want to kill the last Jew on the planet.
2) A house wife killed her German police officer husband and is on the run.
The first one is new to me, the 2nd one rehashed a bit from other stories(not necessarily SCI-FI). In both cases we are left hanging waiting for the 2nd installment. Given the shortness of the book, it could have been longer and developed the characters and plot a bit more.
We have the Jewish person on the run, having been captured by Rebels in New Germanica who want to use him to obtain weapons. there are some good potentials with this storyline but it did not go far enough.
The Housewife is on the run but her dead husband's best friend is right behind her with vengeance in mind. We find out why she did it and see a bit of the escape but it is almost a sub-plot.
We do get some clues about the fragility of the German Empire that could have been fleshed out a bit more.
Lots of potential but not enough meat for the first book.
There is a side plot about a german woman murdering her policeman husband and then fleeing... only to find her husbands best friend (also a policeman) on board the train with her.
Taken on their own, these plots sound like an entertaining time.
The problem lies in the fact that neither story lead anywhere. This is just a set up for future installments. It is little more than an introduction to the characters and reveals little about the mysteries of the plot. It ends on a cliffhanger and provides no sense of wrap up or closure.
I don't mind when authors leave openings for sequels, but I like my stories to have a beginning and an end... this is kind of lacking the "end" part. Furthermore, if an author is writing a serial novel and releasing it in parts, let the readers know! I am not a fan of the serial novel and would rather wait until they are all out and buy a collection, but if an author chooses to release their work in that manner it's okay, just be upfront about it.
The writing is pretty good overall. No complaints there. Well, maybe one. It is a little far fetched of a story. The main character is told he is important to humanity, but the readers are not told why. It seems a bit too melodramatic to me. Otherwise, good characters, decent dialogue and solid editing. (3 stars for that.) If this author had written and released this as a complete novel I would have awarded 4 stars most likely.
Not recommended unless you don't mind being left hanging at the end.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Adventure Stories & Action
- Books > Fiction > Historical
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alternative History
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alternative History