- Actors: Kevin Spacey, Bob Tracey, Paul Klementowicz, Gerard Malone, Erin Cressida Wilson
- Directors: John David Coles
- Writers: Stephen Stept, William Schmidt
- Producers: Richard Heus, Ricki Franklin, Sean Dillon, Stephen Stept
- Format: PAL
- Language: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 - 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: U
- Studio: Arrow
- DVD Release Date: 1 Sept. 2001
- Run Time: 100 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (19 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B00004U0MF
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 26,460 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Darrow  [DVD]
|Price:||£5.56 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Clarence Darrow (Kevin Spacey) was integral to a number of changes in the US judicial system at the end of the 19th century, which came as a result of his ground-breaking defences of a number of just causes. This biopic charts his rise from farmer's son to pioneering lawyer, taking part in landmark cases such as the Pullman railroad strike, the Leopold/Loeb murder trial and the Scopes monkey trial.
From the Back Cover
Some called him "Lawyer for the Damned"but Clarence Darrow was simply a man who, in time of justice, had the courage to stand alone.
Oscar winning actor Kevin Spacey (American Beauty) gives another breathtaking performance as Clarence Darrow, a name permanently linked to the tremendous strides in the American Legal system from the late 19th century through the early decades of the 20th century. This charismatic and one-time farm boy's history-making legal defences of the Pullman Railroad Strike, the Leopold/Leob Murder Trial and the Scopes Monkey Trial, have earned him the status of an authentic American hero.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It deals with an important period in the history of American Trade Unionism and does feature some impressive courtroom speeches from Clarence Darrow. However Darrow is a flawed human being, his treatment of his first wife and son is disgraceful and stops you feeling sorry for him when he is deserted by his friends.
The production is pretty good although they don`t do a great job of ageing Kevin Spacey.
A fair way to pass a couple of hours.
But £10 overall remains cheap for a Spacey film ;)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A very real and moving performance by Kevin Spacey and shows how tough the fight was for Trade Unions and ordinary working people. A starPublished 17 months ago by Rosalind Harry
A functional and well-acted potted history of Darrow's remarkable career, but it ultimately has a bit of a made-for-TV quality to it. Read morePublished 22 months ago by C. E. Thomson