- Also check our best rated Wii U Game reviews
Darksiders II (Nintendo Wii U)
Find the latest releases and bundle offers on Nintendo Wii U.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: Nintendo Wii U
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks on a quest to undo Armageddon.
Along the way, Death discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation.
Become the terrifying force which everything fears but nothing can escape. Death Lives, in Darksiders II.
Additional Content for the WiiU
The WiiU version of Darksiders II includes a selection of Bonus Content not included on the disc for the other formats. This includes:
- Argul’s Tomb – The game’s first downloadable content pack featuring a unique area, three new dungeons and new weapons and armour to collect.
- Death Rides Pack – Three new side-quests for the Darksiders II campaign.
- Angel of Death & Shadow of Death packs – New legendary armour and weapon choices for the player early in the game.
- Deadly Despair Pack – Upgraded horse speed boost.
- Additional unique legendary weapon and armour sets for the player to use from the start of the game.
- Play Death – Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven or Hell.
- Epic Universe – Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad.
- Player Choice & Customization – Thousands of weapon and armour items, three diverse specialisations, along with customizable Harbinger & Necromancer Skill Trees allow players to create their own Death.
- Replay-ability – Side quests, vast open world, endless equipment combinations, Skill Tree customization and levelling system offer compelling reasons to play through Darksiders II again and again.
- Traversal – Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before.
- Unique Wii U Game Pad Functionality – Play Darksiders II like never before using the Wii U Game Pad screen to instantly access inventory and abilities.
Top Customer Reviews
The plot has you taking control of the most feared of the four horsemen of apocalypse, Death, as he sets out to clear his brothers name of prematurely bringing about the apocalypse in the original game. The game's story runs alongside the originals game and ends just before the ending of the original. The quality of story is rather good, if a little confusing at times (it can be hard to keep track of all those biblical names). So far so good.
The gameplay here is solid as a rock. It blends a mix of God of War combat, Zelda exploration with Prince of Persia's acrobatics thrown in for good measure. Don't get me wrong, there is enough here to elevate Darksiders 2 above clone territory, it very much holds its own identity. The combat is very satisfying and works in tandem with a light rpg levelling up system that allows you to unlock skill points which are used to unlock skills, naturally. Traversing the game world is mostly enjoyable, there's always collectibles to find, but I found some of the map unnecessarily large with nothing to look for. You can summon your horse, Despair, at any moment which is always handy.
The game has a fantastic soundtrack which is fairly memorable. The general grunts and screams are all well done as are most other sounds. The voice acting is what shines, particularly Deaths, and helps create a real sense of immersion.
Sadly, this is what lets the game down. The game has screen tearing issues in abundance, noticeable pop up and I experienced several game crashing bugs.Read more ›
Huge vast worlds, loads of RPS-like qualities, all the depth you desire, loads of side quests, great voice acting, it really is a good game. Unfortunately, since THQ went bust, no updates are being made to fix the issues... It's too bad as this game could have easily been a solid 5 stars had there been a fix for the issues.
By the way, I am NOT a pro gamer! If you want one of them reviews I would suggest that you look to the review sites. Well worth the current price as well - I paid a bit more and it was totally worth it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Finally a hack and slash game bad news is no online play so you could work together that's the whole point I got it in the first place, so yep pick if you like hack and slash... Read morePublished on 4 Dec. 2014 by Mr. L. C. Emmott
I chose 1 star because the disc did not work. Looked good from the advertising but as it did not work couldn't tell. Not able to recommend it as I was unable to play itPublished on 14 Mar. 2014 by C. K. C. Woodward
I enjoyed it very much! Super story, lots of content, many things to do and excellent gameplay. A very good game!Published on 25 Oct. 2013 by Jimmy S.
Good game made better with the wii u game pad... also the dlc completes it and for the price (given the day light robbery Nintendo are charging for wii u games atm) its a good buy.Published on 19 Sept. 2013 by Random Spawn
Decent game, impressive set pieces and some intriguing puzzles.
Pros: death controls smoothly, the game looks good has a nice dialogue interface the combat is mostly... Read more
Great game, a little bit laggy in places as well as some screen tear but perfectly bearable. No different to other versions. Read morePublished on 1 Aug. 2013 by Mr J Kelly
Good game with top reviews ported to the wii u very well. Pleased with its game play and overall a really good game with a few glitches here and there but well worth the budget... Read morePublished on 16 July 2013 by P S Gould
The port to the Wii U was obviously not too good, on more than one occasion it has froze the system which should not really be happening at this stage. Read morePublished on 25 Jun. 2013 by Ryan
This is a very good game, 8.5/10. Looks and plays really good and story is gr8. Well worth the money.Published on 23 Jun. 2013 by Mathew Eyes