Darksiders II - Limited Edition - Includes Argul's Tomb Expansion Pack (PC DVD)
- Play Death - Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven or Hell.
- Epic Universe - Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad.
- Player Choice & Customisation - Slayer, Necromancer, & Wanderer armour sets along with the Harbinger & Necromancer Skill Trees allow players to create their own Death.
- Replay-ability - Side quests, open world feel, Skill Tree customization, and leveling system with endless armor & weapon set combinations offer compelling reasons to play through DSII again and again.
- Traversal - Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Platform: Windows XP / 7 / Vista
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 15 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 15. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 15 years of age or over.
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Platform: PC | Edition: Limited Edition with Argul's Tomb Expansion Pack
Argul's Tomb DLC Expansion Pack*The Darksiders II Limited edition is available only for launch, and includes a code that allows free access to the Darksiders II Arguls Tomb expansion, the first DLC pack which will be available around 30 days from launch.When released, this DLC pack will offer extra gameplay content, including a whole new dungeon to explore, further extending the Darksiders II experience.Darksiders 2 follows the exploits of Death, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, in a weaving tale that runs parallel to the events in the original Darksiders game. This epic journey propels Death through various light and dark realms as he tries to redeem his brother War, the horseman who was blamed for prematurely starting the Apocalypse in Darksiders.Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks upon a quest to restore mankind, and redeem his brother's name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation. Can Death really become mankind's savior?Become the terrifying force which everything fears but nothing can escape. Death Lives in Darksiders 2.Features:*The download of the DLC requires an internet connection
Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen embarks on a quest to undo Armageddon. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation. Become the terrifying force which everything fears but nothing can escape. Death Lives in Darksiders II.
Darksiders II follows the exploits of Death, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, in an action-packed tale that runs parallel to the events in the original Darksiders game. This epic journey propels Death across an expansive gameworld as he tries to redeem his brother, War, the horseman blamed for prematurely starting the Apocalypse in Darksiders.
Like the original Darksiders game before it, the second game in the series is primarily a hack 'n slash adventure. The game takes place across netherworld environments, including "The White city," an outpost where angels live, and "The Eternal Throne," a floating fortress where the Lords of the Dead stand guard over souls that need to be cleansed. Although Death is the most feared of the Four Horsemen, his physical abilities are very different than his brother, War. Death is far more nimble, and relies on a combination of melee and ranged attacks. In combat Death's primary weapon is his huge iconic scythe, with a wide range of other weapons and usable items that must be gathered as the game progresses. Weapons can be dual-wielded, upgradable armour can be acquired for protection and Death has access to a terrifying and powerful pale mount.
Key Game Features
- Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell
- Explore startling gameworld environments reminiscent of heaven and hell
- Customise your experience with varied armour sets, weapons, and skill trees allowing players to create their own Death
- Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customise your Death with a full leveling system, skill trees and endless equipment combinations
- Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before
- Argul’s Tomb DLC pack offering extra gameplay content, including a whole new dungeon to explore, further extending the Darksiders II experience
Nimble and agile navigation.
Utilise a powerful, pale mount.
A diverse arsenal of weapons.
A daunting array of challenges.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Installation was very easy, activated my DLC code without any trouble. Though I have only spent 8 hours on it, I can confidently say that this is proving to be a most enjoyable game. The gameplay is very fluid, everything appears to work well and I have encountered no bugs so far. The combat is nice and smooth and you can really feel it when your enemies get smashed up with a huge mace. The dungeons I have been in have been really enjoyable, all of them feeling unique and different from past ones you have explored. The characters are all really cool, Death imparticular sounds very sinister but being the hero he has a sort of 'noble' feel to him rather than just being the regular old kill everything grim reaper cliche. There are lots of nice RPG elements in the game which was a change from the original Darksiders, all stuff like loot, leveling, and a couple of skill trees too to allow you a bit of customization in the way you play. Loads of different moves/combos combined with the vast array of enemies means combat doesn't get old or stale. The bosses are always fun to fight and reward you with good armour/weapon drops. The music is really beautiful, save/load times are pretty much non-existent. I am not really in far enough at the moment to be able to comment on the story :p
The Not Bad, But Not So Good:
Ok, the PC version of the game does have a few minor issues most of which stem from the game being a port, keep in mind as you read this that the developers have promised to iron out these problems.
Some of the textures appear a little bit low res, the artwork in general is amazing, but occasionally up close, you can clearly see this looks like a game from a few years back. There could do with being some graphics options as right now in the menu, you have a few things like resolution, gamma, v-sync and that's about it. It would be nice for those people who have good gaming computers to be able to have nice flashy graphics.
That's pretty much it, aside from the odd misbehaving camera which might lose you a bit of health now and then. Overall I'd probably give this game a 8.5 - 9.0 out of 10. If you enjoyed the original Darksiders, I'm sure you will like this. If you like hack and slash adventure games that do actually require a bit of skill, I think you will like Darksiders II
Thanks for reading :)
The gameplay is as good as the first, with a better story and puzzles. The main character Death, is very different from his brother War, dealing with the danger with more evading tactics. This changes the gameplay a lot, having to keep moving around (no defence at all) and using the resources you gathered wisely (wrath and chaos).
There are rpg elements which add to the strategy of resource handling, though the game remains largely action.
The graphics are very good, although to play at maximum resolution you need a very good gpu.
Anyone who enjoyed Darksiders 1, should definitely buy this one too!
- It's a good story about death trying to get his brother back
- Good gameplay
- Easy install through steam
- A little problem with moving at first and then i found out how to fix it
Overall this is a good port for pc and if there is a new darksiders coming out i would defiantly buy it.