on 1 April 2012
Ever since i started watching Zak and his Ghost Adventures crew on satellite t.v a few years ago i have been hooked. They are the kings of ghost hunting. I have all their DVD's so far so just had to try Zak's book. Its very informative and it is interesting to read about his childhood and teenage years and what he went through which led him to who he has become now. His own paranormal experience helped him to try and understand a subject that i and many others find utterly fascinating. He talks about various things like different types of hauntings and how he has been affected by them, the adventures the crew have been on that have not made it onto screen, he gives advice to wannabe investigators and what they should be looking out for etc etc.... All in all a good read and what i also like about Zak, Nick & Aaron is that i feel that they are totally genuine. If they get scared ( which they do often) you will feel it too. It's like you are on the investigation alongside with them. And they will quickly try to debunk anything as well if they are unsure. They take their mission very seriously unlike some who are just out for fame and fortune. Maybe all the skeptics out there should give this book and their television programmes a whirl and see if they then maybe think about the paranormal in a new light. It has made me think twice i must say!!
VINE VOICEon 13 January 2015
Admittedly I'm hugely disappointed in this book. I love anything paranormal based, books, TV, films, and have been on several ghosts hunts myself. So after watching Ghost Adventures, and thinking it's one of the most credible TV shows out there that deal with the paranormal, I was really excited to read the book of the lead investigator Zak Bagins.

I just wasn't as engaging as you would expect. Zak has fallen into the trap of bogging the reader down with too much science, and not enough personal anecdotes and experiences. I total understand that he wants to show he's a serious investigator with scientific methods and records, to encourage skeptics into considering the value of ghost hunting and the paranormal world, BUT... To pick up this book I already have an interest in this field! I also have a hundred books on the theories/ science of paranormal, that all deal with parallel universes, stone tape/ water theories, fringe science ETC, and I'm not ashamed to admit that when I picked this book up I wanted Zak's TV experiences, behind the scenes info, and a more personal insight.

Most of the info given is already well known from the TV episodes, there was nothing really new here except the explanation of Zak's first ghostly encounters, which are mentioned in his voice over at the start of the show. It would have also been nice to have some colour photos of the cast, and the professionals that are mentioned throughout the book, or even some stills of the most exciting evidence caught on camera (as not all episodes have been shown in the UK).

As much as I love Zak as a TV personality and paranormal investigator, I have to admit he could have done with a little more editing as an author! He likes to ramble, and LOVES to repeat himself!! Quite a lot of this book could have been pared down and sharpened up.

Overall this is a good introduction to the theories of hauntings and the science of the paranormal, but if you're looking for a companion to the show or the personal/ unknown experiences of Zak himself.. I sadly can't really recommend it- as you might as well just watch the show itself

For a great insight into ghosts check out Ghosts: True Encounters with the World Beyond by Hans Holzer.
on 26 December 2011
I got this book for Christmas and i could not put it down! In this book Zak Bagans explores the ideas of the paranormal and offers opinions from both sides of the board. He links topics to his own experiences and we learn more about him and how he now views the world around him. It is a must have for a GAC fan who doesn't mind a fair amount of reading. It is very interesting and offers tips on how to also investigate.
Very good, hoping for a second book!
on 1 May 2016
Big fan of all things Zak Bagans and this book is enjoyable. My only gripe is that he goes off on some pretty crazy tangents regarding his personal theories. Not so much a book on his life stories but a great read all the same.
on 15 January 2013
I received this book as a gift last Christmas and I couldn't put it down. Zak Bagens discusses the ways in which we need to try and scientifically link 'paranormal encounters' with trying to gather scientific evidence rather than just describing feelings, thoughts and personal experiences that people have seen. The book describes his ideas and thoughts, linking paranormal to scientific ideologies and puts forward evidence captured by the Ghost Adventures team. The book begins on a very personal level too, which also allows you to gain more of an incite into the person behind the thoughts. I very much look forward to the next installment. I find his ideas fascinating.
on 25 April 2014
I really love reading this - you know Zak has written it as you can almost hear his words and way of explaining things. I love it's balanced approach and knowing what his back story is. I can relate to a lot in this book having investigated the paranormal for over 15 years. It's great to read the stories of some of the places he has visited - want a follow up now!
on 28 March 2013
Perhaps a wiser choice would have been NOT to read this book at night. Not because it was scary but because I was completely hooked! I to read till 3am last night to finish the book!

From the very start Zak takes you on a personal adventure through childhood to adulthood, explaining why he is so involved in the paranormal. He is highly intelligent and has some very shrewd ideas on how to revolutionize the scientific paranormal world.

This book is a must for any paranormal investigator who is serious about the future of paranormal investigation.
on 31 May 2014
Bought this for my Kindle app. I wasn't disappointed . Well written, honest opinion. Great to understand why Zac can be loud at a investigation ( he explains , as in normal life he is fairly shy) . Great insight to his life .
on 23 August 2014
You have to be a Ghost Adventures Fan to really appreciate this book. As Zak talks about the investigations I had a clear view in my mind because I had watched all the shows. He goes on to explain all the relevant details about the equipment they use and why, and how they investigate. It was extremely well written and flowed easily. I enjoyed this book and still enjoy the show. It was good to get a little background information on Zak and how the team set up. I enjoyed his thoughts and ideas on the future of ghost hunting and recording data. I actually didn`t like the show at first because I thought he was just a loud mouth oik wading in feet first, but the results they got were brilliant. When you start to understand why they investigate that way it all becomes clear, they ask for proof and get it and ultimately don`t run away screaming like some shows do! A good read and recommended for any ghost enthusiast, both factual and entertaining.
on 27 April 2015
I have only very recently got into Ghost Adventures and the world of Zak, Aaron, Nick, Billy and Jay.
This book is a really great read. Very informative and has lots of information about the tech used and how everything works.
It's also Zak's personal story, from humble beginnings to where he is now. It's dark, yet funny in places and shows how just one interaction can change your life. Great photos too.