- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2897 KB
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Anthem Press; 3rd edition (8 Jan. 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00HTQ5E22
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 85 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #38,608 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Dark Space: The Original Trilogy (Books 1-3) Kindle Edition
|Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled||Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the author manages to pull you in to the story and you get a really good feel for the characters.
The characters have a lot of depth to them, and are not necessarily as they seem with plenty of twists which keep you wanting to read further on and captivating you. At one moment you think one thing will happen, then from nowhere it changes direction (obviously with hindsight it all makes sense at the time) and managed to tie it all in together very well.
What you are left with is a story you want to keep reading and wanting the next instalment to become available. This really could be a long ongoing series of books and I hope this happens as I will be reading them.
The plot centres around the aliens-trying-to-eliminate-mankind theme, but with quite a few twists and turns. Essentially, the remains of mankind have shored themselves up into a region of space called Dark Space, which is only accessible by a huge Stargate type portal, and it is defended by a massive carrier, the Valiant. What happens to the crew of the Valiant is key to how this story plays out, which you will just have to read to find out.
I read the trilogy as one book. Did I like it? Yes and no. It was a compelling story, although it took time for it to get going in my opinion. I liked the plot twists and turns, and the author makes reasonable attempts at injecting the right amount of technology into the story, without which a space opera wouldn't just work in my opinion. However, I did find some of the technology deployed to be somewhat thin, particularly the area surrounding the use and (non) detection of holo-skins.Read more ›
The science fiction elements are fascinating, showcasing the vast amounts of preparation that must have gone into the background of the story. Reading the book feels like joining a story that has been unfolding for many many centuries as well as highlighting a particular crucial point in the lives of the characters that are followed throughout.
Whilst I was reading the collection I was frustrated by the flow of Arala/Angel's battle with the memory chip, but in hindsight I see this as a real involvement with the character, hoping that she would overcome Brondi's plans for her and come back to Ethan. My reaction when this was resolved was pure, again showing that this story was engaging.
I love technical and background stuff, and the inclusion of a lengthy guide to the universe is a big plus as far as I'm concerned. I haven't read that yet, but I will be dipping into that soon.
I look forward to more Dark Space adventures (and am mightily pleased to find there's a FOURTH book to read!).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Enjoyed every page read the trilogy in one go!
Can't wait to read the next instalment
I bought the first episode and really enjoyed it when the offer for all three episodes came up I had no hesitation in buying them and I wasn't disappointed great story line with... Read morePublished 1 month ago by gramps
a good space yarn looking forward to the next episode really enjoyed this bookPublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
This was one story that I didn't,t want to end. Many late nights not wanting to switch off, enjoy as much as I did.Published 2 months ago by Teldel
I brought the book from Amazon
Started reading it on monday and finished it on Sunday
could not put it down it was riviting and exciting can't wait to read book 4
Exciting read, keeping you guessing with all its twists and turns, recommended.Published 3 months ago by gremlin48
I have never come across an author who writes such exciting books, it is as if you are there in space with the characters and part of the story. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Michaelb.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera