Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now

on 7 February 2015
I bought this book with low expectations, to be totally honest: another book about whiny vampires trying to fight their instincts, falling in love etc.
I'm glad I was wrong. Dark Soul Silenced is a fast-paced fantasy about a very brave vampire, Daniel. Yes, Daniel realised he's become a vampire and tried to fight the evil inside him, but both the plot and character development made this book different than the average vampires stories.
Along the twist and turns of the plot, Daniel manages to master his new incredible powers, but at the same time he faces the need of having human blood. And fights that. He then reaches a quite particular level of consciousness where he's a vampire but he's not, somehow.

I think this is one of the most complex and detailed development of a vampire character I've ever read so far, one of those characterisations that it makes you think about the pain "special" people might experience in their everyday life.

I'm glad to have read this book and will definitely head on book two. There are few things that haven't been explained on book 1 so I'm curious to see how things will end up.
on 30 June 2016
I bought this on the strength of SG's brilliant science fiction books. I was initially disappointed to find it was fantasy based but I gave it a go and enjoyed every single page and very much look forward to book three.
on 6 February 2016
Having now read two novels and a book of short stories I'm beginning to think Mr. Goodson is quite good at this kind of thing.
on 9 November 2014
This is one of those books that gets you with the first line. Heck, the entire first chapter grabs you in.

What you perceive as a twist is really just the beginning of many surprises. This tale is not at all what I expected! It blends vampires, with fantasy, medieval witch hunts, and positive messages, and it is not a gore-fest in any manner whatsoever.

Excellent way to start a two-part serial! Even for people who aren't big on vampires :-)

— Sharon Delarose
on 15 July 2014
A well plotted novel with a range of characters - not all of them human. Good versus evil, but sometimes it is diffficult to tell just who is good. I read it in a day as I did not want to put it down.
on 4 July 2013
In this i will review this book and the next one. That is one of the points in this book that I disliked because this is one book not two. There is no reason that I can detect, apart from money, that you would split this book up. None. But apart from that and some common fantasy pitfalls, incompetent enemies etc, it was simply a pulp fantasy book. Nothing special about it nothing really wrong with it either
on 6 April 2013
Good fictional book. Only read half way but has gripped me straight away. I can't wait to get reading it further.