Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£8.99|
Save £6.00 (67%)
The Dark Savage (#7): New Adult Dark Paranormal/Sci-fi Romance (The Savage Series) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This is only part of the Savage series, and it really is a good idea to start from the beginning to get a full picture of how this world operates in the scheme of things. This author has managed to create multiple worlds or dimensions that bleed into each other on occasion, dropping a sometimes recognizable character into the world I'm reading. They are connected by a common thread, one I can't mention without giving away too much. But they also have one common goal...survival. I don't think it is an more significant than it is to watch this man who was a scientist on modern earth be thrown into a dimension that has seen its apocalypse. And the story is never that simple.
I love this addition the Savage series and enjoyed revisiting places and characters I've missed. Jim is one of my favorite ones, with a smart mouth that seems to always get him into trouble and mean martial arts skills that help him stay alive. Once you read one series, you find the connection with the other sets. I don't know how she keeps them straight, because each world is intricately sewn in such a way that pulling on one thread could unravel them all. I am awed by the inner workings of her mind. And as always, I'm looking forward to reading what she writes next.
Throughout the series, Blodgett has been utterly hampered by a need to hide depth behind frenetic activity and "The Dark Savage" is no exception. There were so many opportunities for this to be a really great book and they were never taken. Instead of developing the characters in a logical manner, they just jumped from one crisis to another with an enemy that was more like a video game zerg mob than anything else. This was disappointing as an intelligent villain would have been refreshing. The one point there COULD have been an intelligent villian worth reading about, they were made heroes instead. The book deeply struggled with way too many themes.
I feel that if Ms. Blodgett would revisit all her books and polish these rough drafts, after doing some research on population genetics, virology, immunology and social dynamics.
1. 140 years is not nearly enough time to realize the kind of specialized mutations credited to the populations in the books, even with help. The insinuation is that the Travelers from HC were letting the mutations manifest and then grabbing DNA.
2. There was no explanation of why the two main female characters contracted small pox
3. Jim is pretty worthless as a PhD in Genetics, considering all the immunology and biochemistry he would have had to study, not to mention utilize in his research, to not theorize that they could use the two Band males serum to inoculate them and help them get better.
4. There were NO indications that something was deeply wrong with the Massachusetts Clan from earlier books. No foreshadowing at all. It was just dumped on the reader like "Hey, look, another brainless crisis!"
5. Carnivorous, vampiric, shape shifing apes ... and HELLO, a Gorilla is one of the Great Apes. Ok, Ms. Blodgett needs to revist anthropology and Biological Taxon as well. Can we get any more absurd?
6. Jim had so much potential to be a REALLY amazing character. So did NOT get there.
As I said - all the bones of a really good story were there, but all that was submitted to the editor was a rough draft that needs a LOT more work.
Amazingness bundled into one book is just beyond belief. I enjoy the new characters and genetics
added into this new set genetics. so well written you will be finished before you know and craving more.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > New Adult
- Books > Romance > Paranormal > Psychics
- Books > Romance > Paranormal > Vampires
- Books > Romance > Paranormal > Werewolves & Shifters
- Books > Romance > Paranormal > Witches & Wizards
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Low Fantasy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > New Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Psychics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Vampires
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Werewolves & Shifters
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Witches & Wizards
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Low Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering