Dark Matters: An Unofficial and Unauthorised Guide to Philip Pullman's internationally bestselling His Dark Materials trilogy Paperback – 8 Nov 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Discover the incredible world of His Dark Materials
From the Back Cover
The ultimate guide to Philip Pullman's timeless books
Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy has captured the imagination of children, adults and critics alike. Now, with this indispensable guide, you can discover the worlds explored by Lyra and Will and learn everything there is to know about the stories, the books, the sell-out stage play and the film.
Read about Pullman's background and inspiration for the books (including Milton's Paradise Lost), understand the symbols of the alethiometer, revisit memorable characters and moments from the novels, and discover the history of Lyra's world.
This invaluable book includes:
-an A to Z guide to the characters, daemons, worlds and objects of His Dark Materials, from Armoured Bear to Zombie
-an enlightening biography of Philip Pullman
-outlines and analyses of the stories
-A behind-the-scenes look at the production of the film, The Golden Compass
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Encyclopaedias
- Books > History > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Reference > Language > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Family & Social Groups