on 12 June 2012
WARNING. Do not read this book unless you intead to read it non stop! I seriously couldnt put it down! Great story, with funny, 'human' characters(with a twist). I'm always a little sceptical when the books are free, but yet again, I've discovered an author, who I will be looking out for again. Cant praise it enough. If I could give it 10 stars I would have. Onto book number 2....
on 6 July 2013
This book drops you into the life of Emily, a 'normal' girl (whatever that is) without any agenda who all of a sudden is attracting males like bees to a flower. This would be fun except she's apparently sworn of men - although she does a horrific job of staying away from them.

On the positive side, this is a fun, quick book to read to a few twists and turns to keep you guessing.

On the negative, Emily is very flighty and doesn't seem to know her own mind. She is always arguing with the males in her life and telling him/them to go away, she doesn't like/love them anymore yada yada yada, but then in the next breath she is kissing them and wishing it would go further. This got a bit monotonous. The ending is also quite abrupt but this may be because it is part of a series and it's supposed to be a cliff-hanger.

I won't be reading anymore in this series as, after reading the synopsis for the next book, it just appears that Emily is the same and moving on from Ezra to Axle.
on 29 April 2016
I found the heroin to be totally irritating and, no irritating about covers it. The endless drooling over Ezra,s looks along with the werewolf and the wizard was repetitive, and I never got to grips with Emily,s looks which on reflection seemed vague. A mildly pleasant read.
on 20 March 2015
I did enjoyed the book, was a fun to read the mixture of friends she made. I only found her stubbornness a bit overdone, I don't know if a person could be that way. Will have a look where the second part lead me.
on 5 January 2013
I have given this three stars as it's a great read simple yet thrilling I love the fact that Mary has the smouldering hot but cheeky werewolf the stunning vampire and the equally nice but quite magic guy in which two obviously like the leading lady my only niggel is that it could have gone in a few more directions but overall good couple days reading would recommend to any one looking for a easy leading and not complex story bout supernatural's
on 22 December 2012
Absolutely fantastic take on paranormal romances. Great fast paced story, with hilariously witty lines and twists that keep you gripped. An absolutely gem I'm glad I discovered as a freebie! Definitely looking forward for any sequels!
on 23 March 2016
I don't really wrote reviews, but this one is an exception. The way it's written, the characters personalities, the straightforward sarcasm and of course the love scenes is a thumbs up for me!
I am definitely reading the rest of the series. Can't wait to see Emily kick ass in the next book!

This book made me a big fan of Mary Whitten and I will continue to follow her work in the future.
on 7 December 2012
This book was an amazing surprise. It was very well written with fresh themes and a lot more than I would have expected from a fairly new author. As good as Kelly Armstrong or Rachel Caine. I would really like to read more so get writing.
on 23 January 2013
I won this book in a facebook event giveaway, I started reading Monday evening and finished today (wed eve) and had to worked during the days.

I was completely drawn into the book and it held my attention from the first to the last page. Great easy read with romance, action, good, evil and bits in the middle :-)

I love supernatural fantasy and this certainly falls in that category, esp if you love vampires and witches...

I do agree with what other reviewer said about the lead character Emily being too flippant about situations however you can't help but like her - she is fiercely loyal to those she loves.

As for the male characters well take your pick, they are all gorgeous and have good and bad points but there is something for everyone.

I really enjoyed the story line and will recommend this book to people and it is a really enjoyable read you don't want to put down.

I've had the pleasure of speaking with the author and this is her first book, and for a first book it's an absolutely amazing achievement and I'm excited to see future work from Mary Whitten :-)
on 9 June 2014
Couldn't put it down. Just as good as the other two. Needed to read the previous one as it's been a while In between each book and got abit confusing but once I got my barings I realised how much I loved the storyline. Will defiantly be waiting for the next instalment.