Other Sellers on Amazon
Dance and Desire: Rarities and Videos [Bonus DVD] Box set, CD+DVD, Deluxe Edition
|Price:||£14.69 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Across his releases as a member of Bronski Beat, the Communards and as a solo artist, Jimmy Somerville has seen many singles issued, and in many versions, mixes and formats. The 2 CDs in this casebound book release feature a special selection of rare remixes and b-sides from those singles not previously compiled, as well as a 2014 recording of Jimmy’s own classic “Smalltown Boy”. The DVD contains the largest collection of Jimmy Somerville promo videos ever put together (24 of them!), and includes a 2014 video of “Smalltown Boy”. This package contains lengthy annotation on all the videos, based on a 2014 interview with Jimmy himself.
Top Customer Reviews
On the two cd's of Dance and Desire, most (but not all) of the tracks and remixes that were not released on the special edition albums have been rounded up. It would be impossible to collect them all. "Don't Leave Me This Way" for example would take up an entire cd on its own if all it's different versions were to be included. Personally, I would've preferred the mix that incorporates the single's original b-side "Sanctified" and am not sure why we get the normal Son of Gotham mix included here again. What I was pleased to hear is the '87 remix of "You Are My World". I never imagined that would get a digital release after it was left off the special edition of Communards debut album though it should be noted it is in fact the New York '87 Remix originally released on 12" single LONXR 123. We also have the hard to find Gary Langan mix of Jimmy's solo hit "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)" and finally the full 12" version of one of my favourite Communards tracks, "So Cold The Night". For most fans they'll be satisfied with nicely remastered versions of "Smalltown Boy" and "Why?" as they were not included on ...Read more ›
Best of all is possibly Never Can Say Goodbye, shot on the disco floor with Jimmy leading the synchronised moves Saturday Night Fever-style. It’s a great moment, totally euphoric. So Cold The Night benefits from an exotic location which looks like Morocco but turns out to be a room in Notting Hill.Read more ›
The dvd is of its time, and the first few videos don't appear to have been digitally cleaned up (or maybe that's deliberate with "Smalltown Boy"), but there are now flashes or stutters, which sometimes occur in these compilations.
3 stars may seem harsh after these glowing comments, but I am reviewing the whole product here...
- the inclusion of copyright notices at the end of some, but not all, videos, seemed a little odd. Most compilations would put the credits at the end (or just in the booklet).
- all 3 discs were scratched, even though this was brand new and sealed. The 2 cds were minor, but the Dvd had scratches and spots/scuffs on both sides. Whilst some restoration did remove the majority of the spots/scuffs, there were still marks on the disc. Card sleeves in booklets are notorious, but their Lisa Stansfield Remixes set did not suffer in the same way.
- the 2nd CD's wallet is extremely papery, so the disc falls out really easily.
Everything did play ok so I opted to keep mine, as no guarantee a replacement would be any better. Still a great set, but just check the discs are all ok!