Damodaran on Valuation: Security Analysis for Investment and Corporate Finance (Wiley Finance) Hardcover – 22 Aug 2006
Save an extra 10% with Amazon Student*
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
ASWATH DAMODARAN is Professor of Finance at New York University′s Leonard N. Stern School of Business. He has been the recipient of numerous awards for outstanding teaching, including New York University′s Distinguished Teaching Award. He has also been named one of the nation′s top business school teachers by BusinessWeek. Damodaran conducts training courses in corporate finance and valuation at many leading investment banks. He is the author of numerous leading finance books, including the first edition of Damodaran on Valuation, Investment Valuation, Corporate Finance, Investment Management, Investment Philosophies, and Applied Corporate Finance, all published by Wiley.
From the Inside Flap
The ability to value any asset is an essential skill in a wide variety of professional environments, from corporate finance to portfolio management to strategy. And while the reasons for doing valuation are as wide–ranging and varied as business itself, the fundamental precepts underlying valuation are surprisingly similar in both form and function.
Damodaran on Valuation, Second Edition provides you with today′s most straightforward and comprehensive examination of the approaches and models necessary for performing valuations. Written by renowned teacher, author, and valuation authority Aswath Damodaran, and fully revised and updated from its top–selling first editionwhich has become the essential reference for any professional needing accurate and reliable valuation informationthis invaluable book now provides you with:
- In–depth coverage of different distinct valuation approaches and key models within each
- Techniques for accurately assessing the effect on value of employee stock options and other equity–based compensation
- Methodologies for using valuation models to value intangible assetspatents, copyrights, trademarks, licenses, brand names, and more
- Sound strategies for identifying and measuring the value of control in any business and why the expected value of control plays a role in many different valuation contexts
- Discussion of how liquidityor, more accurately, illiquidityaffects value, along with ways to measure this impact on value
- Potential sources of the ever–elusive "synergy" when combining two entities, how best to value each type of synergy, and an examination of why firms so often overpay for synergy
- Techniques for measuring the costs of accounting opacity and business complexity, and accurately discounting the value of complex firms to promote transparency at every level
- A commonsense framework you can use to sift through numerous possible valuation models to determine the best model for your valuation task
For more than a decade, Damodaran on Valuation has been the standard valuation reference for professionals in virtually everyfield. Business realities have changed dramatically over that time, but the principles underlying valuation have not. Let this comprehensively revised and updated edition give you the knowledge and tools you need to address today′s increasingly complexand uncompromisingcorporate and investment valuation environment.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Budgeting & Finance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Budgeting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Corporate
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics