on 5 April 2017
Certainly very quick to solve, as the title suggests. The big problem is that so many of the clues are endlessly repeated throughout the book - it's not unusual to find 4 or 5 of the clues of a new crossword are identical to clues you've just completed in the previous 3 or 4 crosswords. Lazy.
on 20 July 2017
No problems.
on 7 February 2017
Good service. Item as described.
on 20 December 2014
Very good Thanks
on 12 September 2015
Love them just the right size and hardness for a coffee break
on 8 August 2011
Excellent value. This edition is twice as thick (400 crosswords) than most DM Quick Crossword books so if limited for space (if for hand luggage ) opt for the 200 crossword editions
on 12 July 2011
Overall as expected .... but some repetition of words already and I've only done 20 crosswords.
Perfect for a quick 10 mins mental excercise before dropping of to sleep at night.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 January 2015
Still in the honeymoon period with Daily Mail Crossword books - this is the second volume I've sampled. I am not a fan of the newspaper so haven't ever done them direct from the paper and the Daily Mail imprint had rather deterred me from buying them. I have been hooked on Times 2 crosswords - and would recommend these to anyone who is a little fed up at how easy the Daily Mail ones are as the clues are rather stiffer but not too hard. Looking for an alternative as I'd worked my way through most of the T2 books, I began with Daily Mail Book 4. Book 2 is very similar in terms of the style but I think there are more repeated words so far than in Book 4. Practice - as with most crosswords - makes perfect and I find myself rattling through the Book 2 crosswords in, at best, less than the time the ads on terrestrial TV take to run. This makes me feel - albeit briefly - pretty good about the state of the old grey matter. These really are the quickest crosswords I've ever completed - but they aren't hugely challenging. Great to pick up and put down through the day, I've bought two more Daily Mail crossword books since acquiring Book 2 and will very likely work my way through all the books in time.
on 8 February 2012
i am very pleased with cross word book,its just what i orderd,i do like the daily mail cross words,as they keep the brain working
I do not know of another source of amusement that offers so many, many hours of light mental workouts, as does The Daily Mail Big Book of 400 puzzles. The puzzles, themselves are within the achievement range of most of us - with a little bit of hard thinking, and ever so occasionally with resort to a thesaurus but rarely without resort to looking in the back of the book for an answer.

Great for long journeys, holidays and the like, in fact any time that either the TV or those round you cease to occupy your attention. If you allow say 15 minutes per puzzle, then you have 100 hours of fun here......over 4 whole 24hour days which for the cost of the book works out at probably the best value on the market.

My wife was doing a crossword and was really struggling so I had a look to see where she'd gone wrong...
1 down was a 5 letter word and the clue was "Eggs on."...
Correct answer "Goads"
Her answer: "Toast"

(not really but it finishes off on the 'crossword' theme)