on 26 April 2014
We use this book, to keep brain working, the first few pages, I was ready to bin it, as I could not get on with the crosswords. Yes they made me cross. However, I am getting there, I now use both types of clues, I have never used the cryptic before, and still not sure. We work on them for about an hour or so a day. Tip, photo copy the crossword, one person read the clues, and every one can fill in the crossword at the same time. makes for a social occasion as well. Good way to keep brain working.
I think they are medium difficult. However I am not good at crosswords that are not General knowledge, so this does challenge me.
on 14 January 2014
This book (and indeed volume 2) is fantastic value. For under £3, I got 100 puzzles which were just the right difficulty level for me: I had to think about the answers but not so much that I got frustrated and considered giving up.

However it may be worth noting that, while I consider myself to be relatively intelligent & well-read, I'm far from a crossword enthusiast so if you're a real fan of cryptic crosswords, you may wish to look elsewhere.
on 27 April 2013
another one bought for the husband kept him ocupied during the long winter months as he kept going back to it, so for no other reason except somthing for him to do while I played on the computer it was well worth the money
on 12 June 2012
Having got through the full range of the Daily Mail Quick Crossword books I thought I would try my hand at this one. The others were childs play compared to this but fortunately there are answers at the back of the book so I don't have to wait until Saturday every time. It's a challenging book and is cheap as chips. What more could you want?
on 15 January 2013
I now do not have to wait until Saturday to enjoy the giant Crossword.
Choice of two sets of clue 'cryptic' or 'normal' - clear format, and reasonably
challenging to complete.
Very pleased with the item.
on 2 January 2015
We buy these for my wifes mum who is alone. Keeps her occupied for ages. Great value and a great buy that arrived next day.
on 21 April 2015
puzzels far too hard / obscure / abstract
on 1 June 2015
I thought it was in giant print not just giant crosswords
on 26 September 2016
Entertaining
on 30 December 2012
Loads of big crosswords in this thick book. Bigger and better than I expected. This was a gift and the recipient was quickly engrossed