Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Format: Kindle Edition). See all 8 reviews
on 9 February 2017
I've read this twice, as an advance reader copy, and as an ebook on my kindle. It's a great story for young adults, a coming of age themed novel, filled with complexity and featuring a wonderful family of characters, alternative in many ways, and yet, so relatable. Original and believable, every character is well developed and totally three dimensional. I loved the intricacies of each one, and Jessie is just a delight, having a beautiful relationship with her Dad. Jesse has a lot to deal with now that her family has moved to Ireland from the USA...weird little sister, new school, new friends, boys, bullying - oh, and did I mention her Dad? Read on...!
One person found this helpful
on 9 February 2017
From the very first paragraph, I was sucked into the colourful and crazy world of young Jessie Keane. Her exotic family exudes warmth and togetherness. and the reader is left in no doubt that this is a loving and safe environment for her and her sister. However, there is a 'secret' within the family, that is clear from the title of the book, and that secret threatens to unsettle Jessie's life and bring the bullies back to taunt her - again. This serious subject matter is dealt with sensitively by L.J. Sedgwick, and even better than that, it is uproariously funny. I found myself re-reading sentences and entire paragraphs over again, in pure joy. I haven't enjoyed a novel as much in years.
One person found this helpful
on 8 February 2017
Dad's Red Dress is a story for our times, and one that can be enjoyed by all of the family. The characters are vivid, the story is fresh, and the dialogue is sparkling. I can heartily recommend it.
2 people found this helpful