Customer reviews

on 29 August 2013
Excellent non fiction book for a 3 year old. Difficult to find non fiction easy enough for a 3 year old to understand. This is ideal. Pictures are clear and colourful. Text is simple to explain to a 3 year old. Our grand daughter loves watching busy bees on the plants. She can now tell you exactly what happens in the hive even although she hasn't seen one. Highly recommend this book.
on 22 January 2010
As a beekeeper who works in primary school, I am always looking out for good children's books about bees. This book is packed with excellent photos with a simple text to accompany them. It is aimed at children under 8 but the pictures will facinate anyone who is interested in life in the hive. Not a 'how to do it' book, the text is too simple. I got a copy to illustrate talks about bees that I give to children and interested adults.
on 28 April 2013
Both my children enjoy this one although I have to read it to my 3 year old, good for teaching my 5 1/2 year old to read
on 5 December 2009
This is a delightful little book for a child at the first reading stage, especially one who is interested in the natural world.

bees are so amazing and this little book captures the wonder of them in a clear way. Congratulations!
on 30 August 2001
My 2 1/2 year old loved this book. It has lavish photographs, as you'd expect from DK. The level of information was just enough to stretch her, but not so much as to bewilder her. As a bonus, I also learned something through reading it to her!