Format: Flexibound|Change

on 17 May 2014
The book was up to date and accurate. Used the places to eat section a lot, and recommended the book to fellow travellers. It advised you about cultural nuances such as tipping and haggling in the markets. The itineraries were great and gave you a realistic idea of what to see in each area.
on 12 March 2014
great travel guide -easy to find what you want quickly - full of essential information for travellers and also gives a good history to the country
on 19 May 2014
Overall this guide is ok but the Cambodia section had a major omission. There was no mention of The NATIONAL ANGOR WAT Museum in Siem Reap. Fortunately one of our party read about it on the Internet, it is an excellent museum & we would have been extremely disappointed if we had missed it.
on 3 April 2014
I had already bought a guide book which disappointed me so I searched for another one. This book is excellent as not only is it informative the pictures are brilliant. I will always look for DK Eyewitness books in future for other destinations.
The best guide book you could buy.
on 6 June 2015
This book can't make up its mind what it is trying to be. It wants to be both a high gloss coffee table travelogue with full spread panoramic views printed on heavyweight gloss paper but also, by reducing its size, to make it a handy pocket sized guide. The problem is it is neither.
It is far too heavy to lug around, because of the glossy format, in the heat of Vietnam and is annoyingly just too big to fit in a pocket. However the glamorous full spread shots are a waste of time on such a small format and do not provide any further information. So I gave up, left it at home and just took photocopies of the relevant pages to Vietnam with me.
It's a pity as turning it into a lightweight paperback guide would have made it so much more useable.
on 15 February 2015
Typical DK guide, so great layout and photos. Liked it was published not too long ago so should be up to date with opening times etc. Yet to visit Vietnam/Angkor so can't vouch for accuracy. Clearer layout than my Baedekers guide which I bought previously, although that has good and in depth info.
on 30 June 2015
Every time I go traveling I buy the dk eyewitness books there very informative and easy to use have a fold up map at the back and have ratings of hotels and restraints and pricing guides this Vietnam version is also very good and has a general overview of all the main parts of Vietnam
on 26 January 2015
bought for son /daughter in law who went on holiday at xmas to vietnam and cambodia they have used dk eyewitness guides before and said this was up to usual helpful standards . a brilliant book at a reasonable price
on 23 September 2013
informative book with pictures....possibly not enough down- and- dirty information for me, I'm really a 'rough guide' guy, so I'll stick to that, however I would recommend this book....
on 12 December 2013
as a companion book to the LP Guide we love EyeWitness books as they show you what you are looking for without too much bumpf...and really looking forward to exploring Vietnam now!