on 20 April 2013
It is easy to be overwhelmed by Egypt: so many sites, gods, dynasties and kings! This book is in abbreviated form and gives handy headlines for the best and most interesting things to do and see for those completely new to the country and Ancient Egypt. It is full of useful advice and has bite sized pieces of information on history and culture as well as shopping, eating and where to stay. We found it just enough to read before visiting the main places on the Nile Cruise and in Cairo. It wouldn't be right for you if you wanted things in depth, but other guidebooks do that. We could probably have managed a little more information, but it's difficult to do more concisely than it does, and has lots of good illustrations.
on 31 March 2013
I wanted a guide for Cairo - Egypt. The only one i found from TOP 10 series was that. But this one does not only describe Cairo but almost the whole Egypt. It describes monuments, cities, must see things, must do things ets from Aelxandria down to the southern part of Egypt across the nile. The maps inside are not so detailed because they tried to put many things in one guide. If you are travelling to Cairo i thing its better to chose an other guide wich would be concentrated on Cairo only.
on 6 December 2012
I knocked off that one star because the glossy top quality paper this handy guide is printed on did not open out easily and then was frustratingly slippy to hold. But even then it certainly optimised my week in Cairo.
on 11 May 2013
Don't expect much detail, but it's probably a good introduction when planning days out in Egypt. I especially liked the plans of sites such as Luxor temple. Doesn't tell you much, but ensures you don't miss the main features. No map of the Cairo metro, which would have been really helpful when getting round that amazing city.
on 16 June 2013
Small but fantastic. it provides travel maps, information on the best sites to visit, information on hotels in fact everything you need to have a great holiday and stay safe and well. I would recommend this book. I'm booking a nile cruise etc and this book is coming with me
on 19 May 2012
Love these books - small, just heavy enough to feel substantial and very informative. Well presented and an absolute must for both before the trip and in the suitcase!
on 14 July 2013
We spent a long weekend in Cairo in May 2013 and used this guide to prioritize what we had time to see. The book covers a lot of the sights up and down the Nile but it is not the most detailed. I like DK Guidebooks so I am happy with my purchase but if you want long and in depth description of monuments, etc. you may be better of with a more descriptive guide book.
on 1 March 2013
Just enough information to spark an interest and keep the enthusiasm going. Very informative, succint and relevant to the places I visited. Also very much up to date. Will buy others in the range.
on 17 March 2014
Nice small book to take with you on your travels. I bought it for Nile Cruise, but found that it lacked enough detail for what I was ideally looking for. However, had some useful information
on 5 May 2013
Wish I'd bought the hard copy, electronic version no good for flicking to a certain area!
Very good information , when you eventually found the page you were looking for!