on 14 March 2012
This book is completely useless. It doesn't have the names of things in Chinese, so you can't use it to find anything. You can't show it to a taxi driver, or anybody, and ask directions because it only has the names of sites in English. It doesn't even bother to give most of the names in Pinyin. Important sites such as major temples don't even get a mention, instead it's full of repetitive lists of the same handful of places. And despite the supposed recent publication date, it hasn't really been updated at all. A waste of money.
on 13 July 2014
Absolutely fabulous little book that helped me see all the sites and get around Beijing on my own with the help of its excellent maps
on 9 June 2015
Utterly useless and out of date - sent us to the North Gate of the Forbidden Palace which has been closed for entry since 2011 so we had a 1.5 mile walk in the heat to get to the south gate. Sent us to a particular area supposedly for good restaurants - just dodgy massage parlours. Gave a bus number and route that doesn't exist.
Buy another book - this is no use at all.
on 13 February 2014
good size for a handbag or pocket.more than enough information plus a street map.good to know about metro system and where the stops our.
on 13 August 2012
This little book provided lots of useful info on our recent first trip to China. Very pleased.Lightweight and easy to carry around.
on 27 April 2013
I have purchased DK guide books before and always been pleased- "Top 10 Beijing" is no exception. They always tell you everything you want to know in neat, bite-size pieces. I would definitely recommend this book and Dorling Kingsley in general.
on 2 December 2014
Fab. Clear info. Useful maps. Very helpful.
on 17 March 2015
very helpful!
on 11 March 2013
I bought this because I already have a couple of these top ten guides. They're good! I'm off to Beijing in two weeks and I think this will be invaluable.
on 20 May 2015
I've not been to Beijing yet but this book is perfect to help you plan where you want to go, how to get there,what to eat and what to avoid. An excellent handy-sized guide.