DJI Phantom 1 Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter for Go Pro
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Fun flying by itself or even better with a GoPro to record the action. Tested with Hero2, Hero3 and Hero3+ models, sold separately.
- With an onboard GPS and fail-safe system if transmitter connection is lost.
- With a maximum horizontal speed of 22 miles/hour (10 meters/second).
- The Phantom's high tech Naza-M autopilot system lets you configure advanced parameters via software.
- Naza M;GPS;Autopilot;IOC;Failsafe;Auto Go home;Low Voltage Protection;10m/s;LED Lights
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
Ready-to-fly Aerial Filming Rig with GoPro Mount
DJI's Phantom quadcopter is the going to be the gear of choice for next generation filmmakers, extreme sports enthusiasts and R/C hobbyists. Despite all the advanced functions, it's easy to learn, so if you've never before owned an outdoor helicopter, this is the place to start. With innovative features such as Intelligent Orientation Control, automatic navigation back to home and a sleek, integrated design, see for yourself why the Phantom is the rig for both beginners and the more experianced user.
Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
At the flip of a switch, you can change the Phantom from flying relative to its front and back to flying relative to a home point, allowing you to perform sweeping camera motions without losing track of how to make your Phantom go in the intended direction. This innovation is made possible by the Naza-M autopilot and needs to be turned on before using. Using the included USB cable and downloadable Naza Assistant software, you can enable IOC and other advanced functions.
GoPro Camera Mount
The Phantom includes a GoPro mounting case from DJI and holes for the standard GoPro housing (shown at left with the GoPro Hero3+, not included). Tip: use the GoPro's onboard video rotation (flip) setting to adjust for the upside down mounting position.
Special Start Sequence
Simultaneously hold the LEFT joystick to the lower-RIGHT while holding the RIGHT joystick to the lower LEFT. Both joysticks should be pointing down and toward each other. The Phantom's motors will then start and you can let the joysticks return to their center positions. Gently power up the motors for take-off and you're flying! To stop the motors, hold the left joystick all the way to the bottom.
Phantom Quadcopter with GoPro Mount Features at-a-glance:
- Ready-to-Fly design means no complex tuning or "binding"-each Phantom is pre-configured at the factory
- Internal autopilot can return to home and land via GPS automatically
- Transmitter range over 980 feet (300m)
- Compatible with Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal for super stable videos (sold separately, requires upgrade board)
- Up to 15 mins. of flight time with included rechargeable battery
Quick Start in 5 Simple Steps
1. Charge the included main flight battery and add your own AA batteries to the transmitter. 2. Attach the propellers (wrench included), landing gear and GoPro mount using the screws provided. 3. Turn on the transmitter and calibrate the compass (if needed). 4. Install the Phantom's battery. 5. Activate the Phantom using the special Start Sequence shown at left. NOTES and WARNINGS: The Phantom is made to soar and should only be used outdoors. For maximum safety, DJI recommends the use of prop guards, which are sold separately. Proper calibration of electronic compass may be required before first flight. Please follow all steps in the owner's manual and watch introductory videos before attempting to fly. Wi-Fi signals from an on-board device (such as GoPro HERO3+ or other Wi-Fi camera) may interfere with the 2.4 GHz control frequencies and cause the Phantom to lose contact with its transmitter. Please ensure that the Phantom's flying area is free from interference by electromagnetic signals in the 2.4 GHz range, and do not carry Wi-Fi equipment on-board the Phantom. Obey all local and national laws and airspace restrictions, do not operate the Phantom under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and avoid operating in areas of dense population. USB port on a compatible computer is required for some advanced functions; visit www. DJI. com to download the latest Naza-M assistant software.
Comparing the Phantom (this page) with the Phantom 2 Vision, also from DJI
Phantom Quadcopter with GoPro Mount
Phantom 2 Vision with 14MP Video Camera
Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
Ready to fly, includes transmitter and rechargeable battery
Configurable via USB with downloadable software
Includes GoPro mount
15 mins. flying per charge
Includes 14MP/1080p video camera with Wi-Fi streaming and microSD recording
Redesigned propellers for maximum lift
25 mins. flying per charge
Chemical toys Warning: Not suitable for children under 14 years. For use under adult supervision
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
If, like me, you are buying this for the purpose of filmmaking, there are a few things you should also consider.
1. The mount that comes with the phantom is cack. Much better off attaching the go pro in its protective case. This will reduce the 'jello' effect that is caused by the vibrations of the phantom.
2. I would strongly consider buying multiple batteries. 15 minutes of flight time is not a lot, especially if you're not gonna get the shot right first time. So having spare batteries will prolong its use in the field.
3. If you have the funds, and the know-how, I would recommend getting the Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal. This will greatly reduce the amount of shake produced by the phantom and will really give it a much greater cinematic appeal. All it takes is for a strong gust to jerk the phantom and it can ruin a nice shot. Whilst this can be fixed in post, a gimbal will still be a fantastic buy.
All in all, if you have reservations with this craft, i wouldn't worry. The fail-safe 'fly home' feature is a god send and hasn't failed me yet.
I couldn't recommend it highly enough.
- Footage taken with a GoPro without a gimbal is at best shaky and at worst completely unusable. Either take some time to figure out how to reduce the shake (look on youtube), or invest another £~250 on a Zenmuse 3D gimbal. If you're a professional photographer don't expect out-the-box shots to be usable. Also the copter's plastic leg stands get in the shot in most angles. Audio is completely unusable but that's expected.
- Controlling the thing is really easy when the front of the copter (with the flashing light) is facing directly to you on the ground. In this arrangement it's like playing a console game: left is left, forward is forward etc. and the pilot will get very confident very quickly. I've given this out to a few friends for a go and they always say "wow this is easy" until the copter rotates 45 or 90 degrees and suddenly left isn't left and forward is sideways and they fly it into a tree before realising what's going on. It's happened too many times, make sure you tell anyone who is using it to keep the flashing light facing towards them if they can, and don't fly it in a built up area until you've had lots of practice.
- Another hint for safe flying: Although it might seem safer when it's flying close to the ground, the first thing you should do when you're getting out of control and worried about colliding with something is fly it really high up away from everything. It's scary cause it's far away but it's way safer up in the sky where there's nothing to hit it. Gain control again and fly it down when you're ready.Read more ›
you need an Isaw Pro camera ( better than a go pro ).
Anti jello couplings - or a gimbal . A case, Fatshark goggles, many spare batteries ( up to 6 now ).
Once you have bought all the goodies - the sky is your limit ..
Been testing this out over 6 football pitches - not let me down yet.
done the height test I chickened out before the quad lost contact.
Impressed! .. oh yeas..
look for footage and what you can do on yootoobe.... amazing stuff!
I received the quadcopter within 2 days, then proceeded to assemble and charge (assembling took roughly 15 minuits). Then calibrated it, following by a quick test flight, (if you want to see my recommended first time fly ,extracted from my App available for iphone ,DJI Phantom Unofficial Guide, go to the bottom of this review)
Charging takes about 1-3 hours depending on settings on charger, battery life is about 10-13 mins. I personally recommend buying some more batteries of a website called first personview.co.uk they cost about £20 each.
I personally think that this quadcopter is a great place to start if you are coming in to the world of quadcopter.
But i use a group on Facebook called 'dji phantom owners page' for help.
Pros and Cons
Easy to fly
fairly crash resistant
everything is repairable
everything is upgradeable
can get expensive
can get complicated without good guidance ("DJI PHANTOM UNOFFICIAL GUIDE") is a good place to start
DJI suport is not good
EXTRACT FROM "DJI PHANTOM UNOFFICIAL GUIDE"
Just ordered A phantom, well here is the right place to start. This guide will help you through your phantoms journey, and give you some tips, help, and guidance. When you get your phantom in the post, take it out of the box lay all of the pieces out on the table along with a philips screwdriver, and some patience.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Geat fun Wether you using it for occasion flying or aerial photography. Heads up!! Keep it close by whilst learning and use the GPS.Published 17 months ago by david lilley
Theres no eniugh information about this product, it simple doesnt work! I have tried youtube, everything and company'e website theres no info about the product, also they didnt... Read morePublished 17 months ago by vini salles
Really love this and the opportunity to take videos and photography to new heights. No instructions came with it, but some very useful YouTube videos to help you set it up and to... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Helen
Exciting purchase, bit short of instructions and detail. I downloaded various hints and tips on line but I think I should not have had to. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Christine Abramczyk
Husband and kids love it. Just need lots of open space to fly it.Published 19 months ago by Mrs Stacey J Paschali
It's really great, and/but require some practicing because it's really very strong and powerful. But I love it!!!!Published 21 months ago by Jan Macaj
It didn't come with ANY screws whatsoever, so I had to use some spare ones I had from when I built my own Pc. Apart from that it's great. 4 stars because of the lack of screws. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Matthew Windsor
Good product .had a problem with the battery,told the surpplier and they was onto it ASAP with a new one very happyPublished on 19 May 2014 by keith bradshaw