DB-Tech DB-WAW400 Wireless Water Overflow And Leak Detector Alarm KIT - Both the Transmitter and Receiver Sound An Alarm - Detects Leaks and Saves Your Home!
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Be alerted when there is water present and avoid potential flooding with these 2 audio alarms.
- Keep the transmitter in one location and the receiver in another location for the best protection possible - both the transmitter and receiver sound super high alarms
- Choose to sound both alarms or set it so just the transmitter or receiver sounds
- Can transmit signal up to 130 Feet (depending on the environment and wall interference) - Sensor has a long extension cable (2m) to reach corners and gaps
- Transmitter Operates on 1 9Vt Battery (not included) Receiver Operates on 3 "C" Batteries or DC Jack (both NOT Include)
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Standard water detection alarms are good enough for the casual user. But if you want better protection and a more cohesive alarm system, make sure to try our upgraded water alarm kit!
DB Tech's water detection and leakage alerter kit contains two separate alarm units: a wireless battery powered transmitter device, and a battery - or plug-powered receiver unit. Both are equipped with built-in speakers for an independent alarm or simultaneous alert setup.
With this complete kit, you can rest assured that your home is wired for optimal, early detection of water and moisture. You can, for instance, place the transmitter unit in your basement while keeping the receiver closer to your kitchen, living room or bedroom. Both units can be set up to sound a simultaneous, super-loud alarm when the transmitter detects water, making it easier for you to be quickly notified of a leak. Alternatively, you can choose for only one of the two units to sound when water is detected.
The transmitter and receiver units can communicate with each other over a distance of 130 feet - depending on the environment and walled interference. The transmitter includes a 2-meter extension cable for reaching corners and gaps, and operates on a 9-volt battery (not included). The receiver requires 3 size "C" batteries or a DC power plug (both sold separately).
Wireless Transmitter Details:
- Detect water and moisture
- Outputs wireless RF signal up to 40 meters
- Activates alarm; flashes light
- Alarm On/Off switch
- Battery operated: 9V (not included)
- Low power consumption; long battery life
- Battery low indicator LED
- Melody/Off/Alert switch
- Sound High/Low switch
- Battery operated: 3 size "C"; or DC jack (not included)
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
My caveat is this - it only sounds the alarm for a short period of time and then goes quiet for ten minutes. It then goes off again ten minutes later. This is not explained in the description or directions. I'd like to see an option to have the alarm go off continuously until someone turns it off.I have my sending unit in the basement by the sump pump and the receiving unit on the second floor. The alarm is fairly loud and should get your attention.
I can understand the thinking that you're saving the battery by only sounding the alarm every ten minutes, but I can also see a problem with that. If you have a person getting your mail for vacation they might enter the house for a couple of minutes, not hear the alarm and then walk out without knowing that water is filling up your basement.
The receiving unit does have a "DC In" power option, so that could keep the alarm going forever. I'm not sure how long the 9 volt battery would keep the sending unit going especially if you turn off the alarm in the basement.
For $20 though it's a steal and could save you thousands.
And the cost is very modest for such a great little unit,too!