- Also check our best rated Ps3 Game reviews
Dark Sector (PS3)
- Dark Sector is a third-person shooter
- Players assume the role of the protagonist, Hayden Tenno who gains the ability to morph into dramatically different combat forms.
- Set in the crumbling infrastructure of a fictional Soviet-bloc country in the near future
- Features both single and multi-player action
- Players work their way through a world where bio-weapons are no longer science experiments, but a hellish nightmare let loose on an unsuspecting populace.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 18 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Dark Sector thrusts players into the role of Hayden Tenno, an operative sent on a dangerous assassination mission into Lasria - an Eastern European city on the brink of ruin that hides a deadly Cold War secret. Attacked by an unknown enemy, he awakens to find part of his body altered by an infection that has granted him inhuman abilities. Now, Hayden must learn to evolve along with his powers, to survive and to become a hero.
Created by acclaimed developer Digital Extremes, Dark Sector is a new and original action-thriller designed exclusively for next-generation consoles. A dark, gritty experience packed with fast action, incredible superpowers and an engaging story; Dark Sector represents the next evolution of action gaming.
- Evolution Powers: After infection by the bio-weapon parasite, Hayden will gain incredible superhuman powers - including the deadly, bladed glaive that he can grow from his arm and use with deadly accuracy. Hayden will grow with these powers as they evolve and become more powerful throughout the game.
- Cinematic and Immersive Experience: Through the use of no HUD, intuitive controls and a 3rd-person over the shoulder viewpoint, everything about Dark Sector is designed with the goal of keeping the player immersed in the game at all times.
- Upgradeable Conventional Weapons: Hayden will have an arsenal of conventional weapons at his disposal that can all be upgraded and made more powerful throughout the game.
- Innovative Multiplayer Component: Dark Sector will feature innovative and exciting multiplayer gameplay that will allow players to utilise the skills they have learned in the single-player game to excel in a competitive environment.
Dark Sector thrusts players into the role of Hayden Tenno, an operative sent on a dangerous assassination mission into Lasria, an Eastern European city on the brink of ruin that hides a deadly Cold War secret. Attacked by an unknown enemy, he awakens to find part of his body altered by an infection that has granted him inhuman abilities. Now, Hayden must learn to evolve along with his powers, to survive and to become a hero. Created by acclaimed developer Digital Extremes, Dark Sector is a new and original action-thriller designed exclusively for next-generation consoles. A dark, gritty experience packed with fast action, incredible superpowers and an engaging story; Dark Sector represents the next evolution of action gaming.
Top customer reviews
There are also some excellently designed levels, especially the graveyard level which leads you into the church where you will meet...Oh, I better not spoil it.
I forgot to mention the Predator-style invisibility suit you can win. Ooops!
Unless you've played the above mentioned games you wouldn't know what I meant by that but if you have and you love those games, then you're going to love Dark Sector.
The duck and cover system is a breeze to use and the Glaive, after some quick practice becomes alot of fun. The Glaive just doesn't come in useful for taking the heads or legs off of your enemies but it can also be used with electricity and fire, turning it into a completely different kind of weapon which can be used to solve puzzles and help you proceed further into the game. For example, you may need fire to light a statue which is near a door guarded by something you need to burn before you can open it, the Glaive can be used to complete these puzzles and let you continue on your way.
Not only that but you can use the Glaive with these elements to electrocute or set fire to enemies for instant satisfying kills. Aswell as the Glaive you get a selection of guns which you can buy with money that you find and trade. You are able to aim and hold your weapon at the same time as using the Glaive which can be used on enemies that hold a shield (use the glaive to break the shield then the gun to hit them).
The look and feel to Dark Sector is incredible. The environments are stunning and the detail really draws you into the game. Hayden can also run just like the characters in Gears of War which looks brilliant and his Glaive will reflect light or rain and blood with run from it. The sounds are also very satisfying and the music gives the game a fast paced tense feeling.
Where Dark Sector lacks is in the plot. There hardly is one, with not that much story to the game but lots of gameplay. You meet characters that you don't know anything about and you never get the feeling of being drawn into the story at any point throughout the game, you're just thrust into the action from the beginning and it gets better as you go along.
Although a good plot would have made the game that much better, Dark Sector gets it right in every other way. The gameplay is so much fun and easy to use. The Glaive can also use the sixaxis motion aftertouch which can be controlled to take out multiple enemies. It's easy to use and a nice touch in large battle areas. As you progress through the game your abilities grow and you become stronger and the Glaive becomes more powerful. The sense of building up from the beginning keeps the game fresh as you get further in and the gameplay doesn't get boring.
Boss battles are fun and can use a number of strategies to complete. Some of the animations and final end battle scenes are great to watch and some of the large enemies can be alot of fun to beat.
Dark Sector is a great game. Great graphics, fantastic gameplay, sound, design, easy to use and a solid well produced feeling to the overall product. Just don't expect a very deep or hollywood style plot as with Dark Sector it's more about good fun gameplay.
Most recent customer reviews
You play as Hayden, an American Special Forces agent, sent to a military compound in the fictional Soviet nation of Lasria.Read more