Customer reviews

Style: DUB-H4/B|Change
Price:£14.99+ Free shipping

on 11 January 2007
Tried quite a few USB hubs and internal PCI cards and have had nothing but problems and have been using ext cables instead of a hub. I thought I`d give it one more go as a 4x1 hub is so much more convenient, AND? Yes this one worked right out of the box, download times from an external hardive and card reader are superb.Works with or without the supplied power adapter but I keep the power on. Neat unit that feels well made. The supplied USB lead is longer than some of the units on the market and twice as thick. The whole thing just feels well made and I`m glad I gave it one more chance.There are cheaper hubs on the market but this time I got what I paid for.
0Comment| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 23 August 2007
I bought this hub for a slightly unusual reason. I needed to connect two long USB 2.0 cables (over 8 Metres in total) to go from my PC upstairs to a freeview recorder box downstairs. You definitely need additional power for this long a cable run so I decided to buy a powered ('active') USB hub to join the cables.

It has done the job really well. It comes with a PSU so I was up and running straight away. I've never had a dropped connection and performance seems very good. LED indicator lights show activity and status on each port.

It's very neat and compact for a hub - it doesn't take up much desk space and looks nice next to my aluminium PC case. It comes with a quite long USB 2.0 cable to connect it to the PC. It was recognised straight away by Windows XP and 2000 without any messing about.

It works fine in its more traditional role of connecting multiple USB devices to a single port on my PC. I don't bother using its separate PSU for this task and it works fine without it.

All in all, very happy. Even though it's perhaps relatively expensive for a 4 port USB 2.0 hub, I think it's worth it.
on 23 July 2007
I have a stack of USB devices (mainly panels for my flight simulator) and needed a neat solution to to move away from lots of trailing wires to my computer.
I considered the Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 7 Port Hub as it initially had many favourable reviews. However recently it had got some negative reviews on Amazon. The D-Link had been reviewed in a PC magazine and got high marks.

The dimensions of the D-Link pleasantly surprised me; it's about the size of a chunky mobile phone. It's a powered USB 2.0 compatible hub and the status lights for each port are useful. Good news for me is that it worked straight out of the box with all seven ports used. Definately worth considering as an option. I'll be buying another one.
22 Comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this for 2 reasons, I needed a few more USB ports for my laptop (who doesn't) it also made sense as a travelling USB charger for phones, kindles, e-cigarettes etc.

Its great performs well as a USB splitter, longer than average cables and its a nice compact hub that looks pretty good in shiny black. Spent the weekend away and took this along purely to use as a charger, worked like a charm, connected three kindles a Samsung Note 2 and a 3G wireless hub all charged well and mean a lot less space was used in the bag.

Great kit.
on 17 September 2017
It worked well for a couple of weeks but now i cannot change the channels anymore with the remote. i have to unplug and replug for the hub to show the feed.
I had bougth this to replace another hub which had a similar issue and i have greatly disappointed.
on 21 August 2017
I bought this and a BelkinUSB 2.0 hub as a spare as I cannot afford to be without connection. This hub is powerful and so far totally reliable.
on 28 May 2008
This is a well designed and constructed USB 2.0 hub with PSU brick. I recently bought a WD 250GB Passport drive which works OK on my Sony VAIO but not on any of three desktop PCs in the house due to limitations on the current available from their USB ports. The Passport drive has no provision for a power brick and the Lindy dual-USB cable also failed to spin up the drive. This powered hub worked first time on all three PCs, providing enough current from the USB port to spin up the Passport drive.
on 20 July 2017
Great device. Using in conjunction with other USB audio devices. Easy to set up, small footprint.
on 27 August 2017
bought as a present but have had no complaints
I've had cheaper USB hubs, but this one is much better than any so far. Firstly, its powered (it needs a power socket), but this means it can deal with power-hungry devices like external USB hard drives, without overloading. You don't have to have the power on for low-power devices like memory sticks.

Secondly its robust - it doesn't fall of the desk all the timen and its got little rubber feet so it doesn't slip about. Its got a full set of indicator lights. OK, its nothing to get that excited about but it does the job with no problems. I'd buy it again, and that's recommendation enough I think.