Customer reviews

on 20 November 2013
Fast delivery but it did not matter as the leggings did not fit at all, and I'm talking like, either you had them as half masts half way up your calf with the padding firmly against your derriére. Or you wear them with the foot straps around your feet with the padding, I'd say about 5 inches below where it actually should be whilst the footstraps pull the leggings down from your waist. Both styles looking terrible and feeling the same way.

I'm 5ft11 and have a waste of 30" and I got the medium 32-34" and I'd dread to think what the sizing would have been like on the small. I'm not a big bloke but these just had a godawful fit, definitely made for midgets.

The Tenn logo on the side of the leggings, just like the shorts you can buy from Tenn is reflective which is incredibly useful; unfortunately it has no reflective features for the rear of the leggings. The material itself used for the leggings is similar to elasticized cotton but with a lycra feel, and it is just not that stretchy at all, the stitching and overall quality of the product is not that high and definitely pales in comparison to some other Tenn products I've owned.

Will be definitely returning for a full refund, come hell or high water, call me ishmael etc

Invest in a good pair this winter.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 5 May 2015
The item arrived pretty quick to Estonia. Great! I ordered medium size and if you're medium, then medium is what you should get. Although you could probably get away with large as well. As I'm somewhere between S and M. The padding at the beggining seems pretty hard and it tries to stay in it's original form, even between your legs. I'm sure it will have the shape of your balls and buttocks after few rides and it will fit between your legs perfectly. As someone said earlier that the padding is too much in front and it doesn't pad your sit bones very well. It does pad my sit bones, but the padding is on the edge. About being too much in front - I think it's good, in autumn and spring, the padding will catch a bit of cold wind so your balls won't get that cold sitting at the back of the padding. Anyways. With that amount of money, the pants are good.
on 17 January 2013
Got these in size medium for winter commuting and are definitely warm enough down to about 5oC but are struggling a little below that. They are very comfy and the padd has plenty of cushion. Only minor complaint is that the calves are a little tight for me so I'd probably recommend going up a size. I'm appprox 5'9'' tall and 32'' waist so will probably have to up to a large

Edit: I've been using these a few weeks and they have been performing very well, but unfortunately the reflective transfers are slowly peeling off, which is a little disappointing. I think other reviewers have already commented on this
on 16 January 2013
The size I chose was large - 34/36 waste. When they arrived the waste was ok, but the leg length was way too small - I could barely pull them past my knees. I am 6Ft tall so by no means a giant. Do not buy this product unless you are very short in stature. Also the material was quite thin so not really suitable in my opinium for winter cycling.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 2 June 2013
I'm 6'2, 34" waist, 12.5st with a 35" inside leg.
Firstly - the fit.. I have pretty thin legs, but the large size was way too tight - couldn't pull them all the way up my legs and I felt like I was going to burst the seams! Wasn't impressed with the look of the stitching which was inconsistent and partially pulled apart in places. I thought I just had anomalous pair and returned them for an XL pair.
These, I could pull up my legs, but due to my long legs, had to be pulled up further than they wanted to go. By the time I've walked my bike outside, the leggings have worked their way down off my waist with the crutch pad hanging down in mid air which annoyingly snags on the end of my saddle every time I try to climb onboard. The stitching is just as poor as the first pair too. The panels are now pulling apart in places and some of the zig zag over stitching is unravelling as I ride. I guesses you get what you pay for.
on 8 December 2013
The tights are good to keep warm but terrible padding. It is too far forward so ends up useless for comfort and just gets in the way. I am trying to re-adjust every couple of minutes and eventually begins to scratch my thighs after a long ride.

Would be much better if just sold without padding as really does keep your legs warm and could use padded shorts underneath.
on 7 May 2015
I've been fairly comfortable for years doing my cycle commute wearing cycle shorts (I avoid the really cold winter months) but thought I'd get a pair of these thermal tights for the colder days: warmth-wise I can't fault them; the interior is a very short fleecy material, very soft and warm and the tights themselves seem to keep out the cold blasts of wind; however, I've worn them once and won't be again.
Now, I'm just short of 6 foot, slim and of pretty normal proportions and have a 32 waist so I purchased the Medium 32-34 W fit. No problem with the waist fit but I've no idea who modelled the leg length: they're quite stretchy so I pulled them up high, gave them another pull-up around the thigh and they seemed to fit fairly well but as soon as I started moving they started to roll down and before long the crotch was half-way down my thighs - hmm? Maybe they'll stay up while I'm riding? Ha. It normally takes me around 35 minutes to cycle to work but I was stopping so often to yank these stupid bloody things up that I ended up adding another 10 minutes.
It doesn't end with the bad fit either: the padding is made of some big lump of bright blue foam with the most unnecessarily enormous erm! "cod-piece" which wasn't too bad when they were hoisted up but, after a few minutes cycling dragged the tights down, the pad became uncomfortable - not to mention unsightly. The material as I've mentioned is nice and warm and wind-protecting but it is also ridiculously smooth which meant staying in the correct saddle position was impossible.
I've had a few pairs of cycling shorts with the bog-standard padded faux-chamois insert and they've provided many, many miles of comfortable riding - but these things? Never again.
One person found this helpful