Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 Ultimate (PC)
|Price:||£92.34 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Content aware editing
- professional workspace
- truevelocity rendering
- great editing tools
- end to end 3d
- quality beyond hd
- vast production options
Customers Also Shopped For
- Platform: Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
CyberLink PowerDirector 11 Ultimate gives you the most powerful, fastest video editing! Packed with innovative video technologies to speed up video processing time, support for the 47 resolution formats, the extra premium content transforms your video productions with pro-looking design styles and templates.
Revolutionary Editing Experience
- Content Aware Editing New– Automatically identify important scenes with Face, Pan, Zoom, Motion or imperfect scenes with Shaky and Poor Lighting, one-click enhance with TrueTheater™ and easily select for further editing.
- Professional Workspace– Supports up to 100 timeline-tracks and ripple editing. Un-dockable full HD preview window with dual screen support. Use customizable hotkey to increase productivity.
- Revamped User Interface NEW– PowerDirector 11 greatly revamped the user interface, you can enlarge the thumbnail size of library objects, or increase the height of timeline to have clearer and detail view of footage using in your project.
Blazing Editing Speed
- TrueVelocity™ 3 Rendering Engine NEW– World’s fastest 64-bit consumer video editing software with TrueVelocity™ 3 rendering engine. OpenCL support and Intelligence SVRT 3 technology for lightning fast video rendering.
- Multi-GPGPU Acceleration NEW– Supports multi-GPGPU hardware acceleration to speed up computing intensive effects blending and video rendering.
- New Generation Hardware Optimization NEW– Performance optimized for processor and graphic technology, including Intel® 3rd Generation Core, AMD® VISION® and nVidia GeForce.
Amazing Editing Tools
- Great Editing Tools– Create pro-quality videos with vast type of editing tools, including free-hand painting tool and slideshow creator.
- End-to-end 3D– Import, edit and produce your videos all in 3D.
- Enhance Video with TrueTheater™ Technology– Enhance lighting scenes, stabilize shaky scenes and upscale SD quality video to HD with TrueTheater™ technology.
- Powerful & Flexible Design Studio NEW–Using Multi-track-timeline interface offers more flexibility and control to create animated overlays. Design your unique style with new PiP/Particle/Title/Menu Designer
Professional Quality Productions
- Quality beyond HD NEW– Support of importing, editing and producing 4K ultra high definition video format.
- Vast Production Options– Produce Hi-def video files including MKV, MP4, AVCHD2.0 or mov formats, burn Blu-ray or DVD movie discs, convert to vast type of mobile devices or share on YouTube, Facebook or Vimeo.
Extra Premium Content with over $450 Value
- NewBlueFX Effects NEW– including 22 pro-quality NewBlueFX Paint and Motion effects
- Stylish templates– including 3 CyberLink Creative Design Packs: Travle Pack 2, Holiday MagicStyle and Romance Pack v.3.
Minimum System Requirements
Windows 8/ Windows 7/Vista/XP (Windows XP Service Pack 2 is required for HDV capture)
1024 x 768, 16-bit color or above
512 MB required. 3 GB DDR2 or above recommended for 32-bit OS. 6 GB DDR2 or above recommended for 64-bit OS and 3D editing.
Hard Disk Space:
5 GB minimum
10 GB (20 GB recommended) for DVD production
60 GB (100 GB recommended) for Blu-ray Disc/AVCHD/HD production
AVI Capture/Produce: Profiles: Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2.
DVD Quality (MPEG-2) Profiles: Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2.
High Quality MPEG-4 and Streaming WMV, QuickTime) Profiles: Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2.
Full-HD quality H.264 and MPEG2 Profiles: Intel Corei5/7 or AMD Phenom II X4.
AVCHD* and BD* burning Profiles: Pentium Core 2 Duo E6400, or AMD Phenom II X2.
2K/4K/3D* video editing profile: Intel Corei7 or AMD Phenom II X4 with 64 bit OS 6 GB RAM.
128 MB VGA VRAM or higher (1 GB or higher VRAM and OpenCL capable are recommended).
A Blu-ray Disc recordable drive is required to burn Blu-ray Discs
A DVD burner (DVD+R/RW or DVD-R/RW) is required to burn DVD/AVCHD titles
A CD (CD-R/RW) is required to burn VCD/SVCD titles
A microphone is required for recording voice-overs.
An internet connection is required to access online services.
CD and Manual
Top Customer Reviews
Version 11 Ultimate installed easily enough although I did have a few problems running the software. I liked the interface and found it generally easy to use, with some timely and effective hand-holds popping up. You can easily display all the hotkeys and modify them to suit your needs - excellent.
This new version offers some worthwhile enhancements. There's a comprehensive PiP module which worked well for me. Content Aware Editing analyses footage for things like panning, faces and camera shake, then helps you fix them or identify better clips; it was reasonably successful and has the potential to save a lot of time when working with lengthy material, but I feel it's still work-in-progress as a feature.
On the downside, I found ripple editing awkward to use and producing some unpredictable results; I often regretted trying, backing out to where I started. The extended range of enhancement options looked promising; these include highlight and shadow fix, exposure and vibrancy, but highlight and shadow fix didn't work well for me, causing some very odd effects.
By contrast, previews were impressive; they were fast even in version 10 but in version 11 seem faster still, and smoother - certainly better than in Vegas 11. Rendering was as fast as they promised, too - some might choose PowerDirector for that reason alone.
Overall, I felt version 11 seemed a bit buggy and had the feel of a not-quite-finished product. I wouldn't discourage anyone from buying PowerDirector 11 and, to be fair, didn't use it for long enough to become entirely familiar with it and realise its full potential.Read more ›
I am very familiar with the software having used PowerDirector V8 for sometime with no problems and V10 which I removed because of constant crashes and lock ups which subseququent updates failed to resolve.
My desktop PC running Windows 7 32 Bit Pro is considered to be a fairly high specification model a Dell XPS 420 with above average RAM and Graphics Card.
When it is working I agree with the positive reviews I have read but the downside is the lack of stability on my PC.
I dont want to replace Version 8 until I am familiar with this version and know it works.
So far I am experiencing problems importing some video files but the major annoyance is when having spent a considerable amount of time the program fails to respond. You cant progress or go back or cancel any actions or even save the project at that point.
So far I am disappointed with the product and will continue with version 8
Once you've mastered the basics and imported your footage you can use the wizards to create your masterpiece or start being creative and add multiple video tracks (up to 100 in total), music, transitions, photos and so many other effects (inc. PiP) it'll make your head spin - the list goes on and on! When you've completed your project you can burn it to a DVD with an excellent selection of menus and titles which can make your finished 'film' look and feel like a real Hollywood blockbuster. It's all there just waiting for your creativity to sue it as you wish. One small piece of advice - as in MS Word or Publisher when you shouldn't use too many varying fonts, colours and sizes... well the same can be applied to editing videos, too many varying transitions, titles etc. etc. can just end up looking like a mishmash.Read more ›
Installation was simple but disappointing. Once you have the 2 DVDs installed it's something like 6GB. That in itself I don't mind as 2GB is optional media for DVD authoring/titles etc... however, what did irritate me was I wasn't prompted on the main programme installation re where I wanted resources to be put and they all got bundled together in the program directory on drive C (you can change the program directory but not resource)
It follows the standard user interface of Capture/Edit/Product at the top - once in Edit a timeline is at the bottom (which can be a storyboard), preview top-right and everything else top-right. I was impressed how easy it was to take a clip and make fixes / enhancements to it. It has some nice tricks like Alias which lets you rename a clip to something meaningful which lets you edit it. It's also really good with transitions, with some nice and easy drag-and-drop transitions. It's content-aware fixing was surprisingly good and it got rid of camera shake quite nicely. Most importantly though I was impressed how quick the render was, better than half the time taken on Vegas (although I am using a previous version) and maybe two-thirds time time of Corel VideoStudio. Preview is also excellent. Being 64-bit, I sense this product is aimed at more high-end hardware where it really will outperform some of its competitors.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Easy to use and made a good DVD, editing is so easy, each icon lists and there are help icons as wellPublished on 5 May 2014 by smallsoccer
I have had 2 of these and both didn't work , save your money and get something else , wordPublished on 27 April 2014 by john59chevy
I have all the major--movie making software----I chose this one for a write up, as it is the only one,that allowed me to do real 3d home movies ,without crashing,it is also allows... Read morePublished on 6 Mar. 2014 by reg of Romford
I bought it as a present. The recipient is thrilled. It's just what she wanted for her studies. Thank youPublished on 27 Oct. 2013 by MaTaz
Having struggled with Adobe editing software, Cyberlink is a breeze. Have used 9, 10, now 11. Cannot beat it for price, Although it only has a few subtle differences from 10... Read morePublished on 14 Aug. 2013 by John F. Williams
This is a very efficient and sophisticated video editing programme, which I am learning about as I go along. Read morePublished on 27 July 2013 by Mr. David K. Thomas
I had a truly awful experience with this software.
Power directer 9 and 10 were great.
I assumed this would also be as great, if not better.
Its just full of bugs. Read more
My first video editing tool used for Gopo movies and photo slide shows. Very easy to pick up the basics but with advanced fixes, effects and edits available when you are ready. Read morePublished on 16 Jun. 2013 by bristolandy