- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
The Customized Body Paperback – 12 Oct 2000
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
?Keep it on your coffee table? Cosmospolitan ?Starkly beautiful alongside ominously outrageous, the photos in The Customized Body make you pause on every page; whether you like what you see or not; because you have to look? Alabama Forum ?An utterly stunning book of mesmerising pictures and lucid, informative text - the cutting edge of contemporary art Fetish Times
About the Author
Ted Polhemus is a journalist and photographer. He is a widely-used consultant on youth marketing and style trends and is the author of Bodystyles, Streetstyle, Fashion & Anti-Fashion and Popstyles.
Top Customer Reviews
It's a bit dated, nice pics and a lot of nudity so not to be left around for the kids lol ,
basically photos of piercing and tattoos but not great ones .
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Good for the beginner as this volume will provide an excellent overview of body art. Valuable for the collector due to the quality of the portraits and breadth of body art depicted, supported by the personal and intelligent commentary.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Painting & Drawing > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Photo Essays
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Print & Decorative Arts > Body Art & Tattoos
- Books > Erotica > Arts & Photography > Erotic Photography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies