Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
Curiocity: In Pursuit of London Hardcover – 4 Aug 2016
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
The most ingenious, insightful, inspiring, intoxicating, and simply interesting guide to the great city that I have ever seen (Philip Pullman)
Remarkable ... a nerdy Londoner's paradise ... an exquisite 450-page cross between an encyclopaedia and an artwork (Evening Standard)
The greatest book about London published in modern times ... an illuminated manuscript for the 21st century city (Londonist)
London's bookshops and libraries are filled with printed guides to the city but few (if any) are as comprehensive as Curiocity (Creative Review)
Utterly extraordinary (Tom Holland)
An endlessly fascinating guide to London ... an eccentric lexical juggernaut ... I doubt that anything of such crazy magnitude will be attempted again in a hurry (Evening Standard)
Here is something different [...] composed of fresh flashes of insight [...] constructed as a cabinet of curiosities, the literary equivalent of Sir John Soane's Museum in Lincoln's Inn Fields. The work [the authors] have put into it is formidable, the collaboration they have won from contributors, illustrators and publishers quite breathtaking. (Times Literary Supplement)
The authors' delight in London trivia is infectious (Guardian)
A glorious treasure trove (Esquire)
A beautifully produced miscellany of fascinating facts about London. Wonderful illustrations are added to intriguing nuggets of information on a huge range of subjects from street cries to earthstars. An object of beauty in itself (The Oldie)
Reimagines the 'guidebook' in the same way that Peter Ackroyd's London: the Biography reinvented historical writing about the capital. And just as Ackroyd set a benchmark, every new guide to London will now be viewed with reference to Curiocity. [...] However well you think you know London, you will discover something new on virtually every page, and the things you know well will be seen completely differently. Highly recommended (The London Society)
Beautifully illustrated, quirky and irreverent (Danny Dorling)
Incredibly clever and gorgeous. It's like a London treasure hunt - an unexpected explorers' map of a city I've lived in all my life and thought I knew (Bidisha)
About the Author
Henry Eliot and Matt Lloyd-Rose are old friends and Curiocity is their first book. Henry likes mazes, maps and literature. He leads cheese walks through the City and has lectured on Geoffrey Chaucer on the London Eye. Matt Lloyd-Rose has been a primary teacher, police officer and social researcher in London. He wrote this book while living in Buenos Aires.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Planning
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts > Graphic Design
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain
- Books > History > Social & Cultural > Local & Urban > London
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Urban & Rural Planning
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps > Historical Atlases & Maps
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps > Special Interests > Road & Car
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > United Kingdom > Regions > South & South East England