Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > The Primrose Bakery Book forum

Same as Cupcakes From The Primrose Bakery? Or a whole new book?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Jul 2011, 22:15:12 BST
Only asking as Cupcakes From The Primrose Bakery has both cupcakes and layer cakes, icing tips and decorating ideas. Would be interested to know in advance exactly how many (or if any) recipes are duplicated to save, essentially, paying for the same book twice. From the description above t sounds like both books are going to be very, very similar

Posted on 6 Sep 2011, 16:01:19 BST
M. Swift says:
Hi Bella, the new book is essentially all new recipes and is a much longer book than our first one. There is a chapter with more cupcake recipes, some of which have the same bases or icing that have been used before but in new combinations but there are also chapters on loaves, slices, biscuits, breakfast etc. We would never write a book and simply duplicate recipes and would never expect people to pay twice for the same book. Hope this helps answer your question.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Oct 2011, 19:08:50 BST
sue hoar says:
Hi, I want to buy bakery book for my grand daughter's 9th birthday. She is already a good little baker and wants to be one when she grows up (along with being a vet!) Would your books be suitable and which one would be best. I don't want to get her a children's cook book! Thanks Sue

Posted on 11 Oct 2011, 21:38:01 BST
Last edited by the author on 11 Oct 2011, 21:39:48 BST
Has the basic cupcake recipe been improved on? I made them once and found the cakes very dry - they seemed to go stale within hours even when iced and kept in an airtight box. Some of the big sized cakes turned out lovely though and the pictures and ideas from the original book have proved great.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  1 Jul 2011
Latest post:  11 Oct 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
The Primrose Bakery Book
The Primrose Bakery Book by Lisa Thomas (Hardcover - 29 Sept. 2011)
4.7 out of 5 stars (69)