on 7 February 2016
This is okay as a (very) light read. It's amusing and is fairly typical of Glasgow's humour and quick repartee. Glasgow's poorer now that the clippies, like the trams, are long vanished.
on 23 March 2017
Bought this for my Mam, she remembered reading it years ago and said it made her laugh so much.
on 20 July 2017
Brilliant. Could not stop laughing.
on 11 April 2013
I read this book from cover to cover non stop the day it arrived. It tells the adventures of Big Aggy on her Glasgow tram. Some people might need a friend from Glasgow to traslate bits of it. I really enjoyed it and it will be one of the books I keep going back to for years.
on 14 August 2014
Bought this book for my niece and so far she has been laughing a lot whilst reading it, you do not hear folks laughing these days so I would say it is a great book to cheer people up.
on 3 September 2009
This book really cheered me up. I was laughing out loud at some of the stories. I remember the trams in Glasgow when I was a child, and used to enjoy our trips on the Glasgow Trams, especially being upstairs and turning all the seats round for the return journey, happy days. What a pity the trams are no longer there!
on 22 April 2012
Well where do you start!!!I was in absolute stitches when I read this book. The times I have
travelled on the Glasgow Trams and heard this type of patter.And the descriptionm of the people
who travelled on the trams were Glesga to a T. If anyone wants to read about the "CAURS" and
Aggies' patter then this is a must book to read.
on 2 August 2005
What a book! it's the first book I've read in ages that actually made me laugh out loud and I had to stop reading it in the park during my lunch hour as I'm sure the local people thought I was mad!! It brought back a lot of happy childhood memories and more so as my family knew a 'clippie' like this on the local trams - happy days. If you're from Glasghow or the surrounding areas you will love this book. Happy reading.
on 2 February 2014
If you have ever lived and been brought up in Glasgow around the 50s and 60s,then this book takes you back to the time of trams and buses when the conductress ruled.Brilliant !!!!
on 28 December 2012
Best book I have read for a long time could not stop laughing. I am of an age where I remember riding on the trams as a child and this book was just as I remembered it