- Hardcover: 374 pages
- Publisher: Kessinger Publishing (10 Sept. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1169331246
- ISBN-13: 978-1169331242
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 2.2 x 25.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (39 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 359,619 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Culpeper's Complete Herbal Hardcover – 10 Sep 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Nicholas Culpeper (1618-54) was a physician and herbalist during the reign of Elizabeth I, whose practice in East London was famous for treating the poor for no charge. His masterwork, The English Physician (known as Culpeper's Herbal) was published posthumously.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
According to Mary Rhinelander McCarl there are two works currently in print:
1. "Culpeper's Complete Herbal: A Book of Natural Remedies for Ancient Ills". This is a reprint of the 1653 "English Physician Enlarged", which is Culpeper's translation of the College of Physicians 1618 "Pharmacopoeia Londinensis" together with selections from his 1655 "Last Legacy". The plants are arranged alphabetically from "Amara Culcis" to "Yarrow".
2. "Culpeper's Complete Herbal: Consisting of a Comprehensive Description of Nearly All Herbs" which is a photo-reproduction of an unknown nineteenth-century edition of the "Culpeper's Complete Herbal" that does not depend on Culpeper's original book.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Amazing detailed information. A Mother Earth Bible for everyone who wants to know anything about everything that grows.Published 1 month ago by David Britton
Arrived quickly but not the book illustrated. Very disappointed.Published 8 months ago by Mrs C A Woodcock
Great reference book that I use a lot when making my products - great info and so interesting to see how Nicholas Culpeper wrote in those days. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Snowdrops