- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Cul-De-Sac [The Criterion Collection] [Blu-ray]  [Region B]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Roman Polanski (Repulsion) orchestrates a mental ménage à trois in this slyly absurd tale of paranoia from the director's golden 1960s period. Donald Pleasance (Halloween) and Françoise DorlÉac (The Soft Skin) star as a withdrawn couple whose isolated house is invaded by a rude, burly American gangster on the run, played by Lionel Stander (Unfaithfully Yours). The three engage in role-playing games of sexual and emotional humiliation. Cul-de-sac is an evocative, claustrophobic, and morbidly funny tale of the modern world in chaos.
Amend Special Features:
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
- New, restored high-definition digital transfer, approved by director Roman Polanski, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
- Two Gangsters and an Island, a 2003 documentary about the making of Cul-de-sac, featuring interviews with Polanski, producer Gene Gutowski, and cinematographer Gilbert Taylor
- Television Interview with Polanski from 1967
- Theatrical trailers
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by film critic David Thompson
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Be aware though, there is another version of the disc in a Roman Polanski boxset, including both this film and Repulsion and Knife On The Water. Works out cheaper than buying all the titles individually!
If you despair at films like Polanski's 'Oliver Twist' then get this to remind you of his undoubted genius.
You can lose yourself in this one.
A haunting minor classic of major proportions.
Cul-de-sac is undeniably an odd affair. Co-written by Polanski with Gérard Brach, it's a mixture of gangster flick and jet black comedy related in a style reminiscent of Samuel Beckett and Harold Pinter which makes for a film which is difficult to pigeon-hole. Think The Petrified Forest (1936, Archie Mayo), Key Largo (1948, John Huston) and The Desperate Hours (1955, William Wyler) crossed with Waiting for Godot and The Birthday Party, and you might get close to describing Polanski's exploration of themes that became obsessive for him across all his films - especially sexual repression, gender games, psychological retardation and the tendency of human beings to assert themselves by destroying those around them.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
An usual and dark comedy with an original script and some fine performances. The setting - Holy Island off Northumbria in England - is a perfect choice for this original tale of... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Barbara
An absolute classic! A comedie-noir - or black comedy - in the manner of a thriller-farce. Beautifully acted by all, fantastic cinematography and Polanski's surreal visual... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Miranda M.
I watch Cul-de-sac every two-three years and never fail to consider it the best movie ever made(together with 4-5 others). Read morePublished 10 months ago by Nikolaos Oikonomidis
superb, delivery very fast, no problem with this at all, I recommend using czech outPublished 12 months ago by percy
Original.Creative and Subtle Black comedy.A Polanski Masterpiece about bullies, bitches and inbetweensPublished 14 months ago by Neel